View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #41
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: (re)introducing myself - Econetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_in_mel
Hi there,
This has been an interesting thread and thought I would post in this thread instead of starting a new one.
My wife bought a Fiesta Econetic car December 2010 and she loves it. Now understands what zippy means.
What is troubling us a little at the moment is the fuel consumption.
In general running around here trip, to work and back is around 30km she is getting around 4.6l which seems reasonable.
Early on we had a journey which was mostly freeway (150km round trip) and returned 3.9L with only about 1200km on the clock
We have just come completed a trip Melbourne to Adelaide a round trip of 1500 km, the fuel consumption was 4.6L
We had reset all trip information and also I kept a separate record.
I was really interested in what we could get so the cruise control was set to the Speedo setting of 100 and 110 kph even through these tend to read 5 kph low according to GPS.
The card had just over 5000km at the start
Aircon was not used. The driving style was reasonable smooth with no hard accelerating and braking.
I was hoping for around 4.0 – 4.1 so to get 4.6 which we get with normal running was pretty disappointing.
Anyone got any comments. I have spoken to the local Ford Dealer and it would seem that there is not a lot to check without an engine check lights…………
One thing I have noticed with long trips in the the little fez, is if its really windy the whole way on a long trip, it seems to affect the economy.

A recent trip from sa to vic and back, with one way a tail wind, we got 4.9ltrs/100 but on the way back with a good headwind and some rain the whole way we got 5.5ltrs/100.

Just something to add anyway.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote