View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #40
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bearmans Engine Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman View Post
The rest of my day was spent picking up and dropping off. Got my tailshaft all balanced up with new uni's. Got my clutch pressure plate tested and is holding 2,000lb clamping force so it's good to re-use. Left my Brake master cylinder and the clutch hydraulic components to be kitted and stainless sleeved.

Got a changeover power steering box. Mine seemed OK but the coupling was a bit iffy. Given what a hassle they are to change with the motor in I didn't want to chance re-using the existing one. The bloke told me they have had the original type couplings on back order for some time now and it doesn't look like they'll be getting them at all. He said to steer clear of the nylon ones as they just send vibrations up the steering column. He gave me a very good second hand coupling. If you have any decent original type couplings DON'T CHUCK THEM OUT!!

Dropped off my radiator to get an inspect and flush out. I don't expect any issues here as the old motor kept its cool very well, even in stinkin' hot weather.

Picked up a new starter motor and that was my day.

The budget is tracking OK but there's no room for any unexpected issues. It's the extras, ancillaries and add-on's that cost!! The engine so far accounts for about 55% of my expenditure so far!!
Craig
Contact nation power steering in box street dandenong
That's where I got my coupling from ( not nylon)
They also did up my box & pump
They know their stuff
Cheers
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote