View Single Post
Old 23-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #53
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Default Re: Bearmans Engine Rebuild

Well, after the Christmas hiatus and some unexpected delays in January things are now happening body wise.

The old cross member is out and the newie is ready to go in. Paul and John asked me if the coupe has ever had a hit to which I replied it had. I was made aware when I was in the process of buying it had copped a hit in the front left when it was still pretty much new (seller made full disclosure). The guys said they thought so and showed me all the evidence of it.

The front member which attaches across the front of the bottom chassis rails is pretty rough, has bog and rust is getting in. A dodgy insurance repair from 30 years ago has come home to roost.

The upshot is that I need a new one. Can these still be had NOS or new aftermarket? Does this piece have a particular name so I know what to ask for and search for on the net? Does anyone have one?

See pics below: (hope no one minds me using other peoples pics pinched of this site)

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote