View Single Post
Old 27-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #12
Jakey Flake
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey guys! This is a pic of my beast:
SAM_1444 3.jpg
Known as The Soviet Tank, or by some as The Vacuum, because it picks up all the chicks

My Nanna and Poppa gave me my first car for free! But it's gonna cost me a fair bit to get it into roadworthy condition. I've already spent almost $700 on new tyres and rear brakes, and I replaced the driver side lock, (the door wouldn't close beforehand).

My aim is to get it into a really good mechanical working order. I figure that if I take care of it, it should take care of me. Currently though, the odometer doesn't work; it's stuck on ~278k km's. It's got a hyperactive right indicator, the "Red Bull Blinker". Plus some other things: idler arms/front shock absorbers worn, power steering box leaks, AC/power steering belts worn, plus a few other niggly things.

And along with getting it into a good working order, hopefully fuel efficiency/performance will come along with it.

Overall I just wanna tinker and learn. I'm studying engineering at the moment, but I get pretty obsessed with doing something hands-on seeing as I spend so much time in lecture theatres. I know I'll learn heaps here, and hopefully I can reciprocate one day
Jakey Flake is offline   Reply With Quote