View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #37
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
You'll find it is mostly to do with Ford's brand perception, and the fact that Ford hasn't had a great reputation in small cars for some time. Just because you finally deliver a great product doesn't mean everybody will immediately rush out to buy it. And small car buyers, particularly woman, have had little reason to look at a Ford for many years.

And what interests most people on this forum...performance, dynamics, roadholding etc.....is not what interests the majority of the buying public. (Hard to believe I know)

Therefore most of the suggestions made on this forum regarding what Ford should do to create "great ads" is usually way off the mark.
True..... but as mentioned above with the Fiesta.... well, i wouldnt call Suzuki a great brand, bringing out the Jimny and the Ignis... both such great cars :sm_headba .... and then they release a new small hatch (Swift) and its going wonders again...... :

So, i think its got something to do with Ford's Marketing..... IMO those ads on the Fiesta with the german engineers was completely ridiculous. And with the new Focus ad, i was thinking today that it SHOULD have been "SHARP" rather then "SMOOTH". Sure the body is less sharp then the other model, but its still rather angular. And im sure the handling is VERY sharp. IMO Ford Aust got the Marketing wrong....

Oh well, at least everyone hear know that Ford is onto something good!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote