View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #10
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: difference between Fairlane and TL50 grilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogs 260 View Post
HI everyone , i have bought a genuine TL 50 grille surround to install into my fairlane , painting and fitting to car all good have skill to do , my question is about the woven mesh used to do the insert . What was the specifications and wire size of an original mesh insert ?? is the square 5.6mm in size and thickness .9mm and what is the best way to attatch to the surround after cutting to size and shape - sikkaflex ?? cheers for the advice
Hi mate,
I have used a temporary grille held by hot glue until I can source a mesh I like.

I will then attach some plastic or metal clips with Sikaflex etc so I can replace the mesh without replacing the sealant/glue.

As for the surround itself, I had to heat it with a paint strip gun to make it line up with the headlights and bonnet 100%.

I used stick on Velcro to attach to the top of the bumper instead of the Tickford fitted rivets.

-Andrew.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote