Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
alokin123

Default fuel accuracy

i have a Thai built Focus Sport Auto Petrol
How accurate is the fuel gauge? Today i filled up. It said i had about 30km to empty, the fuel light was flashing so i filled up. 45L
I thought the tank held 55L? It’s been like this for a while reporting low tank and i can only get to 45L or so when refilling. Is the fuel estimate wrong?

alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
rand0mn00b

Default Re: fuel accuracy

yeah my LT Focus is the same. The most I usually ever fill up is about 47L and that's if I run it down to nearly 0 on the trip computer.
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
yuruga

Mines the same Thai Sport Manual. Most I have put in is 49L but mainly 45L.

I also like the fact I have some reserve @ 0 DTE if ever needed.
yuruga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
alokin123

this seems like a design problem. Are you saying that both indicators are wrong? If the kms to empty say 0 and the fuel gage shows empty but there is still fuel in the tank that is very concerning and annoying because I don't know when to fill up.
alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokin123 View Post
this seems like a design problem. Are you saying that both indicators are wrong? If the kms to empty say 0 and the fuel gage shows empty but there is still fuel in the tank that is very concerning and annoying because I don't know when to fill up.
It's not a design fault, it's built in tolerance. Why would you want DTE to read 0, and have no fuel left? What's the point? You fill up when your fuel starts to get low... Why would you want to drain every last drop out of it and hope to roll into the servo with 500ml left?

I like the fact that when my car says i have very low fuel, i usually still have about 8L in the tank. I usually fill up before it gets to that though.

If there was no tolerance built in, imagine all the numpties driving around with DTE on 10km and breaking down a few kms from the servo...
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

My South African LV MKII TDCi shows zero km to empty with 3-5 litres left in the tank. Given the car uses under 6km/litre on the open road I still have a few to go...

Mick
Ratmick is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post