Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
guym

Default Waiting time o XR5T

Anyone got anything official from Ford what they say is the waiting time for one of these. Been looking and thinking of new car for a while, long enough for this to come onto the possible shopping list. Once I decide not sure I want to wait 3-6 months for it, would want it in a month.

guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
marcosambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by guym
Anyone got anything official from Ford what they say is the waiting time for one of these. Been looking and thinking of new car for a while, long enough for this to come onto the possible shopping list. Once I decide not sure I want to wait 3-6 months for it, would want it in a month.
You can get them driveaway for over $40k at some dealers.

Remember the waiting list is blown out until 2007 and FordOz can only get 40 a month, but i believe that will change very shortly.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

If you are willing to search and possibly do some travelling there are still some out there sitting in dealerships... some are at RRP and others are well above. If however you order one, the wait can be anywhere between 1 - 12 months from what I have heard.
Seano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
guym

When I decide I just don't want to wait that long. And not paying full retail either. I lease my cars so want best discount I can get to reduce lease payments and residual. Would love one but that long a waiting time puts me off a bit. I keep coming back to cars like Golf Sportsline, Mazda6 Volvo V40s (I'm 43 just need the hat and will fit me perfect) Audi A3. Golf GTI was on the list but I here the waiting time on those is long as well.
guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #5
RaceF6
Starter Motor

I would find it very hard to believe that any Ford Dealer would sell one at less then full RRP at the moment as demend is out stripping supply, but good luck all the same, no harm in trying.

They are a wonderfull small car its just a pity Ford can't get a hold of more.
RaceF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If all else fails, then go the Mazda 6!

I just bought one for the wife and it's a very nice car to drive (handles very well) and gets along fast enough too. We were lucky enough to pick an update model (5 speed auto) with 180km on it for $28500 drive away. Even the bottom of the range Limited (which we've got) has 8 airbags, ABS, full electrics (no cruise) and CD player. The only thing I wish it had is 16" or 17" alloy wheels.
Old 27-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

For the XR5T, it all depends on the colour. As always, the popular colours like Orange would be the hard ones to get, you'd probably find a red or silver one pretty easily. Shop around.
Old 27-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #8
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

once again, there are three on Carsales including an Electric Orange:

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_results?category_id=1&selected_ model=20&selected_region=0&search_type=20&make_id= 6&model_id=4154&keyword=xr5&state_id=-1&region_id=&search_postcode=&search_distance=25

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_new_results?make_id=6&model_id= 4154&keyword=XR5&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

Also search on www.carsguide.com.au , www.drive.com.au , www.carpoint.com.au and use the Yellow pages! ;)
Old 29-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #9
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Waiting time? Imagine the largest number possible, then double it.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #10
FRA
Mr Focus

Theres only 1 on carsales SEA GREY in QLD
The sea grey does look nice, that's what we wanted
1 Electric Orange on carguide
1 Electric Orange LEONGATHA, Victoria - Knight's of Leongatha on carpoint
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.

Last edited by FRA; 30-06-2006 at 09:00 PM.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #11
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went and enquired about one a few weeks ago and was told by the dealer that it was a 10 month wait. Err - no thanks, you can keep it.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #12
amlohac

Its well worth waiting for. Unless your doing a trade in on an older car, in which case it might be a bit annoying, cos the trade price will just go down by the second. And if you find a dealer thats charging OVER $40k for one, tell them to stick it up thier crack, cos they arent worth that much
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 12:11 AM   #13
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

http://www.fordxr5turbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=96.0 <-- XR5 sightings @ dealers

http://www.fordxr5turbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=441.0 <-- Panther Black available...

They are out there in very limited numbers now... don't settle for the obligatory 10 month wait response from some dealers... go to the major focus dealers as they get larger allocations and have been smart about getting their hands in the cookie jar quicker for the long haul.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #14
Bomberfan
Starter Motor

I'd also be interested in hearing what Ford are offering to those who do wait and finally receive their XR5T. I ordered a CL sedan with smooth and safety last September and didn't get it until early December. Apparently no one orders a CL with both smooth and safety (or so the dealer told me) and that is why it took so long. Got a phone call two weeks ago from Ford thanking me for waiting so long for the Focus and they gave me a free iPOD shuffle. You would hope they would do something similar (or even better) for the XR5T.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I've heard of a dealer offering a Fiesta LX till the XR5T arrives...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post