Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
Rozwell28
Lurker

Default Advice re: Brakes?

Hi all, after reading many of the posts on the AU1 brake upgrades, and experiencing some almost very bad situations myself, I've decided to upgrade my forte's brakes. I'm hoping to get the twin caliper AU2 setup, or at least some better pads. Can anyone suggest a good mechanic/ workshop to get this done in the Brisbane area? I could just turn up somewhere, but a recommendation would be much appreciated.

Rozwell28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
au^dude
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its probably better to get all the parts your self. Or you could just buy the T brakes that are in the for sale section they will bolt right on no mods.
au^dude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
AU3XSR
First time Falconless

I've got a set of AU3 2 piston front calipers, pads and rotors if you are interested as well as an AU2-BF front swaybar, which I believe you will need as part of the conversion - due to the fact that you will need an AU2 onwards lower control arm etc.

If you can get a hold of the parts you need I think the mechanic my mate and I use in Milton may be able to fit them for you...I just gotta find his details - I'll get back to you on that

Previous:-
2012 Fiesta Metal | 2001 AU2 XR6 | 1994 EF Fairmont | 2010 FG XR50 Ute | 2006 BF Typhoon | 2002 AU3 SR

Last edited by AU3XSR; 04-11-2008 at 10:58 AM.
AU3XSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
Rozwell28
Lurker

Thanks a lot for your help guys, I already have some of the parts, so I'm really just tracking a good mechanic. Ill check out your guy in Milton AU3XSR, thanks a lot.
Rozwell28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #5
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Definitely go to some one who's done it before, otherwise you'll get funny looks.

An example of this is when I went into Ford for a pair of swaybar brackets, I started telling the parts guy my plan and he was pulling faces and saying that it can't be done.