Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
AU1114ME
Starter Motor

Default AU3 Rear seat belts

Has anybody had problems with rear seat belts not retracting? (Not centre belt) I had one replaced under warranty and now the other one has packed it in. Is it a simple job to replace this as I am planning to do it myself ? Some pointers would be appreciated as plastic trims can be tricky.

Regards

Kane

AU1114ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
nutter_x
Nange Road Warrior

I occasionally have the problem, but haven't bothered with a fix yet. I normally just feed it back in if it doesn't do it after 10 or so minutes.

But now you mention it, I will have a look tonight. Mine feels like a build up of crap slowing it down until it stops, but it's probably just tired. Probably not overly safe for passengers either...

If it's a pain in the proverbial I'll take some photos for you...
T2 TE50 #082 in Galaxy Blue

• ESS Auto • Twin 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust by Manta • Premium Brakes • 18" Azzuros • Premium Sound • K&N Filter •

1985 XF Falcon GL

• 4.1 • 4 Speed Manual • 15" Steelies • Snow White • Otherwise stock...for now •

2004 Porsche Cayenne S

• 4.5 V8 • 6 Speed Auto • 19" OEM Alloys in Bronze • Crystal Silver • Sunroof • PASM • The grocery getter
nutter_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

A lot of problems with seat-belts isn't always mechanical. Sometimes it can be that the webbing is dirty and catching on itself. I have seen a few front ones that have been fixed by cleaning the webbing.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Before you go out and buy new 1's try taking them out and washing with warm soapy water we do this all the time at work as Ba 1's are shockers for jamming up.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post