Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #1
kiwiinoz

Default tyres for 2012 trend

My tyres have traveled 46000kms and I will have to replace them in a while. Has anyone replaced theirs yet and if so, with what. The original tyres are great, Michelin primacy LC. Cheers
kiwiinoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2015, 08:20 AM   #2
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: tyres for 2012 trend

Kia ora
if the michelins are great go with them again.
I have an LT and out of the 3 brands I have run (Goodyear OEM, Toyo , and now Bridgestone Turanza) I like the Turanza best.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2015, 06:25 PM   #3
kiwiinoz

Cheers bro !
Old 16-05-2015, 09:53 PM   #4
mrpeter.daley
Starter Motor

I replaced the tyres on my Focus at 30,000kms with Yokohama Decibels. The car is now whisper quiet around town and on the various highway surfaces. The wet and dry weather handling is about on par with the Michelin.
mrpeter.daley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-05-2015, 12:08 AM   #5
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

I have Kumho KH27s on mine, cheaper than most and just as good as the Goodyears they replaced that were waaaaay more expensive. Paid $400-odd for all four, plus $25/corner for fitting. Quieter than the original fitment Goodyear that the car came with too...much quieter.

I have a LV MKII TDCi, bit heavier over the front than a normal Focus. No problems at all. Same size tyres...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11431425

Tyretrader are a sponsor on here, pretty competitive pricing and not bad service. Small discount for Forum members, doesn't save you a great deal but it does partially cover the postage.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=376

Last edited by Ratmick; 17-05-2015 at 12:20 AM.
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #6
kiwiinoz

Cheers all. 30000 on a set of tyres is poor. I am on 46000 and think 50k is easily achieved. Will suss out prices. Michelin are the original tyres and arent to expensive. I'll look at kuhmo as well as any others recommended. Thanks again
Old 20-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #7
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
I have Kumho KH27s on mine, cheaper than most and just as good as the Goodyears they replaced that were waaaaay more expensive. Paid $400-odd for all four, plus $25/corner for fitting. Quieter than the original fitment Goodyear that the car came with too...much quieter.

I have a LV MKII TDCi, bit heavier over the front than a normal Focus. No problems at all. Same size tyres...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11431425

Tyretrader are a sponsor on here, pretty competitive pricing and not bad service. Small discount for Forum members, doesn't save you a great deal but it does partially cover the postage.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=376
Slightly off topic-what tyre pressures do you run front and rear.
Old 24-05-2015, 01:01 AM   #8
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Slightly off topic-what tyre pressures do you run front and rear.
Normally they're 36psi, should check them again though, it's been a few weeks...plus it's a poopload cooler than it was.
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2015, 02:28 PM   #9
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you run the same psi front /rear?
Ford recommend 35 front 33 psi but I find 36/34 or 37/35 improves the fuel eceonomy by 5%.