Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What's it worth

My uncle has recently upgraded to a new xr6 turbo. His previous ride was an au falcon that he has delivered to my place to detail and sell for him.

It is a series one. 200,000+ klms. It is a bit interesting because it was factory ordered with tickford suspension, LSD and rear wing. It has some aftermarket 15' alloys. It is just the stocko six and auto, but I wondered if it was worth anything with the tickford stuff.

He was after 2 grand as is (not bad nick, could do with a polish - it is white) but then reckoned if he got me to detail it and get the front discs machined (typical au series one brakes - warping constantly), get a rwc etc then he might ask around $3500 for it.

Looking around, it seems that you can pick up some au's under 2grand with rwc.

Trouble is, I don't really want to work on it at the moment. I have a few other things to focus on (wife, kids, work, staying sane etc), but he's offered me 25% of every dollar he gets over 2grand.

Considering the higher kays (220,000 i think) would he even get that much for it privately in the current climate?

I just don't want to put anyeffort into it, unless there is a financial reward.

Would I be better off asking 2K as is (just to get rid of it for him) or spending the time to get $3000 - 3500 (so I could pocket dough)

What are your thoughts?

ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
seduced_xr
BF XR6

could we get a pic of the cars condition..

for an au i would be thinking mid 4s

u would get an ef for 2
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
Turboconvert

i agree with seduced_xr - bout 4 sounds about right. if you ask for 2, i would imagine for the au you are talkin bout, you would get a pretty quick sale! but in sayin that, would depend on condition and how much more work it needs doing (including the front brakes).

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 06:04 AM   #4
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

You say not bad nick so I assume it's not overly dented up of anything.
Clean it up, add RWC and a 4k asking price is more than fair.
I'm forever browsing car sales, never for AU falcons though but I was surprised by the 2k to 3k you and your uncle seem happy with.

220,000 kms is early days for the super AU taxi, being close to 10 years old it's average is low 20's per year.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
Rozwell28
Lurker

It depends to an extent on what state you're in. I bought a white Forte in Brisbane last month, 148 000 km, it was $3100. After studying carsales.com and the trading post for the month prior to buying and since, I can say it was a pretty good deal at that price. The vast majority of AUs for sale seem to have over 200 000 km, and its rare to see one offered below $4000, most begin at 5k. With the alloys and LSD, I expect it would sell fast at $4500- 5000.
Rozwell28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool.

We have a few car yards up here that sell stuff pretty cheap. It is not unusual to see AU's with rwc for the standard $1999.

We actually have a caryard that sells heaps for that sort of price. They are located at Acacia Ridge and they are called 'Mike Hunt Car Sales'.

They do sell some shyte, but people buy from them.

This one needs a good polish. It is just plain white. It is clean but would come up really nice with a cut and polish. It is straight. The alloys have a bit of gutter rash (passenger side). The grab handles on the front doors have lost some of their colour.

If I tidy it up, I will get the discs machined (or replace em - they're cheap enough). Might try to replace grab handles. Will put it over the pit and pull wheels off and give it a thorough check.

I want it gone. So does the uncle. I don't want it hanging around for two months. I thought putting $3800 ono would reel em in and they could knock me down.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #7
Rozwell28
Lurker

Ha yeah, I looked at Mike Hunts yard, there are a few similar places in the Valley too. You're right they are selling cars at 2k, but after checking a few of them its not too hard to see why. One of those dealerships was really funny, a big building with only a single desk and chair in one corner, all the keys in a pile on the floor. It would've taken them 5 minutes to burn the documents and run in the case of legal action after the dodgy RWC caused an accident. I'm sure your car is worth more.
Rozwell28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

If it's your typical S1 with the S1 Shark teeth .... you'd be struggling for 3
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
Ronza

any pics???

THE QUESTION IS NOT...
WHAT CAR I WILL DRIVE TODAY???
THE QUESTION IS WHICH AU WILL I DRIVE TODAY!!!
Ronza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #10
BoostedT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehast13
Cool.

We have a few car yards up here that sell stuff pretty cheap. It is not unusual to see AU's with rwc for the standard $1999.

We actually have a caryard that sells heaps for that sort of price. They are located at Acacia Ridge and they are called 'Mike Hunt Car Sales'.

They do sell some shyte, but people buy from them.

This one needs a good polish. It is just plain white. It is clean but would come up really nice with a cut and polish. It is straight. The alloys have a bit of gutter rash (passenger side). The grab handles on the front doors have lost some of their colour.

If I tidy it up, I will get the discs machined (or replace em - they're cheap enough). Might try to replace grab handles. Will put it over the pit and pull wheels off and give it a thorough check.

I want it gone. So does the uncle. I don't want it hanging around for two months. I thought putting $3800 ono would reel em in and they could knock me down.
Obviously No one has seen the Movie Porkys Before .. hahaha
BoostedT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #11
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It has the ute grill (colour coded), it was dealer fitted. About a month after he bought it, ford announced the S pac, which had all the susp, diff and spoiler with nicer interior - D'OH!

no pics, coz I don't know how to do it.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #12
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

ehast13, mike hunt's website (ha ha lets all laugh) has AU's on it, but the cheapest one i can see is $4600 and has over 300,000klms on it.
Don't be too down on it, you'll get $4k without worrying unless it's a real dog.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:38 PM   #13
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

i'll be asking $5k+ for my 99 AU1 forte in a few months wtih 162thou kms and i'll get it (unless i decide to trade).

you should get close to that easy.