Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Son, 25yo, kicked and robbed in Cremorne Sunday Night

Any thoughts/help,
My son just told me he'd been pushed to the ground in his street at 7 pm last night where he hit his head, then kicked in the head and body, then had his blackberry and wallet taken. Keys weren't taken, not hospitalised.
There were 2 attackers, roughly dressed in their 20s.
Apart from the obvious disgusting event that this is and that I feel outraged,
can anyone think what should he do as far as cancelling card accounts, phone,email accounts.The Nth Sydney police have advised him I'm sure.
Has anyone else had this happen? What about crime in Sydney.Any advice/info would be welcome.

Marty

martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
StrokedXT
Banned

Default Re: Son, 25yo, kicked and robbed in Cremorne Sunday Night

All he can do is cancel and reorder his cards etc, unfortunately this is such a regular occurance the cops won't do anything.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cancel the phone and cancel the cards. But importantly I'd say, take him to the doctors/hospital to have his head checked out, there might be some injuries that he sustained that might not be showing.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As above get him checked with the doctor cancell all the cards report licence etc then as they have his keys and his wallet I would be changing the locks other wise they will have access to every thing in his house

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear about your son. If that was me and that happened to my son, I would be as equally outraged as you.

I think that you have got it covered by cancelling all of his personal accounts, and let's hope that these oxygen thieves get nailed.

I can not believe how common this is today, the very fact that small groups can move around and a smash younger innocent people for their mobile and wallet. What is there to gain from such a small trivial possession that can be switched straight off or even funnier, traced back to the caller (read perpetrator) by the numbers they attempt to ring? The phone itself is worth nothing these days???

This really did not happen (well not with the wallet anyway) 30 plus years ago on any sort of regular occurrence, so why has this disease been aloud to spread so easily today?

Bud Bud
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The scariest part is that it happened at 7pm on a Sunday night... I would have assumed you would still be safe at that hour on a Sunday. Apparently not.

To the OP, how is your son mentally? I imagine he must be a fairly shaken up by the incident? Might be a good idea to get him to speak to someone, even though it's not the blokey thing to do, because when someone invades your personal space and attacks you like that it can be hard to get over.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for your feedback, when he was knocked down he hit his head on concrete before being kicked and he says he has mild concussion, and you're right that problems could surface later.
Marty
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
krzysiek

Cops don't have enough power. They should be able to beat the living **** out of people like this. But instead, they're powerless and have these kids swearing at the cops and cannot do anything about it. A fine for swearing at an officer? How about a god damn beating?

I'm young myself (20) but understand the importance of having been punished when I screwed up when I was younger. I don't screw up anymore and I have respect for all/most people.

These kids are not being brought up properly. They're being brought up without punishment, thinking that they can do whatever they want and get away with it. The way things are going, it's not going to get better, it's going to get worse. How I wish people like these could just be shot right through the head. Fair or not - it should be done. In my opinion, they don't have a place here, to live among civilised people.
krzysiek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #9
gtfpv
GT

yeah its a common occurance , and as the recession and economy gets WORSE . crime will increase unfortunately . i hope they took the cash and through the rest away . however cancel everything inform every authority like rata etc . and increase the house security , signs would be a start. just in case .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #10
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek
Cops don't have enough power. They should be able to beat the living **** out of people like this. But instead, they're powerless and have these kids swearing at the cops and cannot do anything about it. A fine for swearing at an officer? How about a god damn beating?
I like your thinking - I too think that we're too focused on ****ing our pants when people go 5km/h over the speed limit, yet people that go and intentionally hurt others get nothing but community service...it sucks.

Fact is that criminals have more rights than victims...

But martyal, I hope your son gets better right away and that they catch the little turdburglars that did this, and that they get whacked. Of course, they won't. Some judge will hug them and feel sorry for them...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #11
Wise
DWF00N

anyone see 60 minutes last night? vigilante groups are the go now to crack down on street thugs

Now for sale - 30k
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #12
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Count your blessings he wasn't stabbed to death by an egg throwing 14 year old.
When are we going to wake up as a nation and bring back corporal/capital punishment.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #13
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

the issue is, the police do the hard work and catch them and the court makes them rub graffiti for a week.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #14
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one way to dish out rough justice is if you son sees one of them he can beat him senseless then claim it was a result of PTSD from the original attack. he saw him then had flashbacks and just went nuts the he too can use the soft legal system to get off

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #15
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

It's every parents nightmare. It's a sad society that every time your kids go out, you worry like crazy. I hope your son gets over this quickly..........
Old 05-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
When are we going to wake up as a nation and bring back corporal/capital punishment.
The offender here killed someone and was released on bail quote " not likely to re-offend" So you can stab a mother of 3 kill her and walk away. kind of says it all really.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
The offender here killed someone and was released on bail quote " not likely to re-offend" So you can stab a mother of 3 kill her and walk away. kind of says it all really.
how times change . when i was 14 i may have been the type to get caught up at throwing eggs at someones house , which made me no angel , but i wouldve crapped my pants when they came out to chase me and mostly get injured whilst running away .
now we have kids that will stab you for protecting your property against thier malicious ways . i really dont get the courts . good people dont go any further than the 1st crime , but adding murder on top , and then calling it manslaughter , and then releasing on bail . i tell you , if i was this boy , i'd want to stay in jail rather than face my parents . i just dont get the world we live in today . but when you think about it , you dont get a good job from what you know anymore . so perhaps the judges are/were also spoilt, selfish kids with no sense of respect .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #18
Zero_PSI
Banned

Cowards, cant stand people that do this kind of crap
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #19
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Doesn't really surprise me I've been in the Melbourne CBD all this week and I've seen paramedics attending to a junkie, been harrassed for money every day going to and from Richmond and Southern Cross stations and seen a fight on the corner of Burke and kings street.

I haven't seen one cop on the streets yet either.

People wonder why every man and his dog is packing weapons these days. I know I do when I'm in Melbourne, but I'm not going to use it on a 47 year old mother obviously.

You can't rely on the police unfortunately.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 06-07-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #20
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

street violence has been happening for years, it just gets more air time with the media/internet age, i found out the hard way 34 years ago, all you can do is lessen your chances of being a victim , travel with friends if possible, avoid trouble area`s especially after dark, don`t make it easy for scum to make you a victim,
some of these individuals would kill you for $20, of that i have no doubt,
look on the bright side , your young bloke has come out of this with his life Marty.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #21
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Its a Sad fact that after 5PM most streets are no go zones.. Normall people cant go walking with their kids for fear of packs of idiots out for trouble..
I had to go on Monday night to Strthfield to pick up frinds on an interstate train .. It was 9PM and all around the station was young dropkicks looking to harrass people walking by. I had my young daughter with me and i was on the lookout and trying to avoid these idiots... Its just a shame that they are now everywhere and nothing is being done to stop it...
Needs people power to band together with authorities to claim back the nights and turn this city back to one where people dont need to fear walking the streets at night....More power to cops to arrest/ move on & a swift kick in the *** when needed....

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
V8XTasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
who is now free to walk around until October as, after killing an innocent women, he's not deemed to be a threat to the public in any way as it's the first person he's killed.

I hope your son is ok, the mental affect can be hard to get over.
V8XTasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #23
V8XTasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Doesn't really surprise me I've been in the Melbourne CBD all this week and I've seen paramedics attending to a junkie, been harrassed for money every day going to and from Richmond and Southern Cross stations and seen a fight on the corner of Burke and kings street.

I haven't seen one cop on the streets yet either.

People wonder why every man and his dog is packing weapons these days. I know I do when I'm in Melbourne, but I'm not going to use it on a 47 year old mother obviously.

You can't rely on the police unfortunately.
.......Because they only make money from pulling over drivers
Old 06-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #24
DEVO'S MB XR5T

Young people these days..... No respect.
If they swear at the police, the police should be able to punch them in the voice box... hard to talk back when your voice box is pressed up against the back of your throat!
If they are “hanging out” police should give them a kick up the **** and send them home with welts... let that be a lesson you little S&^T
Reckon more power to the police is the way to go...

I hope your son recovers soon.
DEVO'S MB XR5T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #25
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
street violence has been happening for years, it just gets more air time with the media/internet age, i found out the hard way 34 years ago
Marty, you are right and it is more like centuries as well!

But I think it is really getting a lot worse though these days imho. I don't think more air time is the main problem either, although I do know what you mean, i.e.: the more incidents that get reported then the more people think it's really happening.

I think that there is now a real lack of discipline and subsequent sub culture that thinks that this type of behaviour is ok today that did not seem to exist 30+ years ago. Yes people still got mugged and old ladies were terrorised in their homes etc., back then but society was generally shocked and outraged where as today unless it happens to you then people tend to treat it more like another stat for some reason. I think that this has a lot to do with why people are increasingly and more frequently acting in this manner because these attacks seem to be as much about bullying and power as they do about personal survival imho.

The lack of any care factor shown in these cowardly attacks (for such little gain mind you) is appalling to me.

Bud Bud
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #26
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
how times change . when i was 14 i may have been the type to get caught up at throwing eggs at someones house , which made me no angel , but i wouldve crapped my pants when they came out to chase me and mostly get injured whilst running away .
now we have kids that will stab you for protecting your property against thier malicious ways . i really dont get the courts . good people dont go any further than the 1st crime , but adding murder on top , and then calling it manslaughter , and then releasing on bail . i tell you , if i was this boy , i'd want to stay in jail rather than face my parents . i just dont get the world we live in today . but when you think about it , you dont get a good job from what you know anymore . so perhaps the judges are/were also spoilt, selfish kids with no sense of respect .
Friends of ours had kids throwing stones on thier shed roof the other night, anyway my mate goes for a walk and locates these kids throwing stones he yells at them and chased one of them home gave him and his mother a serving. Next night the kids dad rocks up at the door demanding an apology to her son and wife for upsetting them.... stupid git shouldnt have been throwing stones in the damn first place. ALso to op sorry bout your son getting bashed think my cousin may know him or it was a big coincedence that one of his mates also got bashed and had his wallet and phone stolen.

Last edited by Thornie; 06-07-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #27
V8XTasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8XTasy
.......Because they only make money from pulling over drivers
confirmed at lunch time when I saw 3 cops cars on the other side of the road having pulled over 3 drivers and then 3 more 200m further down parked up waiting for drivers, then another 200m further down with a camera. That's 7 cop cars parked up, 4 of them just waiting to pull over drivers. How many people have been assaulted whilst they are parked there?!!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #28
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8XTasy
confirmed at lunch time when I saw 3 cops cars on the other side of the road having pulled over 3 drivers and then 3 more 200m further down parked up waiting for drivers, then another 200m further down with a camera. That's 7 cop cars parked up, 4 of them just waiting to pull over drivers. How many people have been assaulted whilst they are parked there?!!

Highway patrol are a seperate division and are performing their tasks as required by their senior sargeants. They were obviously a part of a blitz to try and reduce unroadworthy/speeding vehicles in an obvious hot spot.

When you have to be first on scene to a wrecked vehicle with fatalities, then you can trash their working ways.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #29
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
Highway patrol are a seperate division and are performing their tasks as required by their senior sargeants. They were obviously a part of a blitz to try and reduce unroadworthy/speeding vehicles in an obvious hot spot.

When you have to be first on scene to a wrecked vehicle with fatalities, then you can trash their working ways.
Exactly, pathetic how people always complain about police doing traffic duties, fact is that is what the unit is set up for..you don't see HWP at domestics unless the GD's are overwhelmed and need urgent help. CIB is one of the units with the least funding compared to others and they deal with ALL armed robs/crime investigations.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #30
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

most police will have a community liason officer - unsure of the name of the position in other states. These officers have a close connection obviously with that states police departments and knowledge of processes, but also resources and services within the community regarding possible counselling or victims of crime support if he is traumatised in anyway. Hope this helps.

Obviously not as a preventative measure or any inappropriate ways of possible further dealings, but ive found karate and gym work as a way of boosting confidence and self esteem. May help him in the way of stress relief.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post