Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-12-2007, 03:22 AM   #1
XRNIL8

Default I have a new toy

G'day all, hope everyone has had a great Xmas ....... I know I did ;)

I got a racer project .... lmao

A 1980 TF Ford Cortina ... 250 Xflow, 4 speed manual, globe mags, with 300,000 plus kms on the dial (but it don't work properly .... doing 110kph according to the GPS, dial tells me 70kph .... lmao ... sorry Officer, mine read a lot lower than that

Body is relatively straight with only 2 small sections for rust repair ....

I have already started to strip it of all unneccesary rubish, like back seat, rear door trims, rear parcel shelf, spare tyre etc. etc.

I plan to have it at a suitable stage for the Fun Day at Winton Raceway on January the 27th ....... gives me a first hand opportunity to drive on the track :

Over the coming year, I plan on having a LOT of work done from cage to seats and an engine rebuild. I will be sticking with the 6 cylinders for a while, at least until I am somewhere near capable of driving in a race :

The best part is, I can now have a toy to go out and play with you guys on the track .....

anyway, here are a couple of pics. :

Now I drove it over 300km home on a permit of course ..... and had NO issues at all .... drove really well for a car that cost me a whole ................... drum roll ....................... $560! Tada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
The new home of Motorsport in Central Victoria
XRNIL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post