Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
Lanyi

Default Noises from a Focus

Describing sounds are not easy, so I apologise if this is hard to interpret and diagnose - and I'm sorry for whinning about it.

For about 3 months now, my LS Zetec has been making some very worrying noises. The car has done 22,000km and has been more frequetly making a very distinct metallic squeaking sound. This sound has been occurring on all mediums, all speeds (0-110km/h), all surfaces and any direction of travel (cornering, straights etc). From what I am experiencing, it sounds as if something is happening with the wheels - an on and off metal squeak, as if the rotors (or someting else) occasionaly touch something. However, a small tap of the brakes and the noise goes away for a few seconds....

I have taken all the wheels off, inspecting for anything interefering with the free rotation of the wheels and I have found nothing. The rotors (what I see/feel) don't seem to be warped, and the brakes still have life in them.

The car was serviced 4 weeks ago, and I raised the issue to Ford service; and as usual they say 'everything is running fine, sorry we can't help you'.
I am now at that point where I'm starting to think that I will follow in the steps of those geniuses that have installed RBA rotors on their Foci....

The other noise that drives me insane is the damn hatch... Those rubber stoppers make a really annoying sound whenever the car travels on uneven roads. Anyone done anything about this?

Help will really lower my stress levels and stop making me feel so embarrased about the squeaking noise!

Lanyi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post