Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
fordfalconfan

Default 'P' plater kills friend in V8 ute rollover

THE driver of a ute that rolled, killing one passenger and injuring three in the South-East on Sunday, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and fleeing the scene of the crash.

The Millicent man, 20, was yesterday also charged with drink-driving and causing injury by dangerous driving.

Police allege the man recorded a blood alcohol reading of 0.09 eight hours after the crash. He was refused police bail and is expected to appear in the Mt Gambier Magistrates Court today.

A Millicent man, 18, died when the ute rolled on Rendelshem Rd, about 10km west of Millicent, at about 2.15am on Sunday. Three passengers were taken to Millicent Hospital, two with non-life threatening injuries and one with serious injuries.

Three of the ute's four passengers were in the tray.

SA had recorded only one death on the roads for the long weekend to 8pm yesterday.

The state's road toll stands at 62 following the latest fatality, compared with 37 at the same time last year.

_
_

I was friends with everyone one involved and the driver has already lost his license twice and is expected to go to jail for 15 years, the ute rolled and the man got flung out of the tray he landed on the road and died on impact and my other friend has a broken shoulder and the other passenger has a few scratches and bruises.... the driver and passenger in the front of the ute were fine but this isnt looking good for 'P' platers driving V8's what do you think about inexperienced drivers driving high performance cars ..in my opinion you can kill yourself in any car i would rather be in a crash in a big V8 falcon or commodore than be in a subaru or little 4 cylinder car like that those small cars just cant take a hit aswell.

fordfalconfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post