Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-09-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
owens

Default Update on my new focus.

Hey everyone. About 3 weeks ago I picked up my LX sedan, and it's a terrific car. Since then however the car has been back to ford 3 times. The first time was because the seatbelt had no button in it to stop the buckle falling to the floor. They had to order it in, but when I took it back in the next time, they had ordered the wrong colour. Meanwhile since the first time, I had noticed an area in the metal surrounding the boot 'crevice' that had clear paint drips and areas where there was no paint, and also a big chip in the paint on one of the wheels. So it's in a third time today, going to get this bit resprayed and the wheel done.

Also, on the second time when I was driving away the visor had been broken and wouldn't do anything except hang down, so they just replaced it.

Also, has anyone else noticed a 'clicking' feeling in their seat? I mentioned this to the dealer and they tried other cars and said it was normal. If it is normal, why does it do this? It's a bit annoying, because you'll be driving along and then 'click'.

Anyhow, despite the superficial problems with the car, it drives sweetly and is very economical. There is a creak developing but from what I've read that is just normal.

Cheers,
Owen.

owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post