Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default To serve and to Satisfy!!

Probably been done to death, and have had more than enough negative threads about the boys in blue, but this thread is to relate our satisfaction with the police.
I'll relate a story.

For those of you that know, my parents retired to a sleepy little town on the mid north west coast of Tasmania between Devonport and Burnie named Ulverstone. Anyway, as I recently had my beloved G6E-T returned to me by my father (I'd swapped him for his Fairlane), I took an adventurous drive through the wine country of Victoria, and later the Spirit of Tasmania with his now immaculately cleaned and polished Fairlane.

On the first evening of my annual pilgrimage to the great southern isle, I attempted some fishing. This was constantly interrupted by the plethora of young tools and their hotted up VR commodores, Toranas and the odd falcon (badly tarted up) doing circuits of the town. The obligatory cannons and doof doof music adorned the "Superschit auto" fanclub members' cars; and the noise generated between them in chorus can best be described as the mating call of a lonely, inbred bogan on heat. Not wanting to create trouble for my parents when I'm not there, I ignored it. As the days went on, it seemed to get worse, and the activity of these wanton creatures of the night reached an all new high on a Wednesday night - perhaps a coincidence of centrelink payday where they could again afford petrol.

Further, on this Wednesday night, a 250cc motorbike joined the fray and started eminating his own sickly mating song of high revs and little speed; all designed to annoy. Obviously a resident got tired of this and called for law enforcement. At around 11:30 on this night, I saw a marked police car approach and heard the incessant hum of the hoard approach. A million thoughts entered my head; had the police been seen? Had the bogans been tipped off? Would they be so stupid as to drive past and deny it? Would they run etc etc. Well, No, no, yes and no. As soon as they turned into the street where the cops waited for them, the lights came on and faster than Angelina Jolie adopting jungle pygmies from Africa, they were all given tickets. The noise had gone, the residents got some sleep and the fish began to bite. All in all, it's satisfying to see the inconsiderate and downright foolish get their just deserts.
Well done police for being there when and where it mattered.

Quote: