Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Fi.ES.TA

Default Want to improve your WS fiesta engine

Back when the WS was launched i joined the forums like a few other members
there was a thread that for the life of me i can not remeber.But basically it was a discussion about air intake i posted a picture highlighting what i wanted to do regarding getting more air to the engine,i did'nt follow through with it due to the car being fairly new and i did'nt want to void my warranty.
Well 2yrs on i have had enough and decided to do the modification and void my engine warranty.
Well what improvements have i made you are thinking.
This picture is of the modification for those familiar with the air intake.

I have taken the whole plastic peice of crap that ford moulded over the airbox intake off,i cut it away to let the car breath why ford designed it like that i do not no but obviously they had there reasons.Well my reasons are exactly what i thought it would do.

I have no more jitering and juddering in 1st gear at low revs in traffic its as smooth as a well yeah you no.
Gear changes are much smoother,increased throttle response and wait for it...........................Increased fuel performance.
this is only my first test on a full tank of fuel but this is what it used to show.Quarter of a tank 150klm new reading i gained 34klm,Half a tank previous 300klm new reading 350klm ive still not emptied the tank yet so i cant give maximum gains just yet but i will update and let you no.
I no it probally seems far fetched but beleive me removing that crappy bit of plastic has made a massive difference,im due to buy a K+N Filter so you would think this would improve also but we will have to wait and see.

PS.Im not asking anybody to perform this modification this is just my findings on my engine,i am mearly putting it out there.But i will say this that peice of plastic is doing nothing good for your engine.

Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post