Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Phil B's XB coupe

So I've bought a coupe!
And I figured I should make my own thread instead of hijacking bits and pieces of threads all over!

There's probably the best pic I have so far, been driving it too much to take many photos!

A quick history. I'm from country Vic and saw a few coupes years ago and loved them, and wanted one. Now I'm only 22 and I have one (yes I am on my full license, got in before all that extra rubbish)! Probably one of the younger coupe owners but meh, I had the chance and wasn't going to let it slip, it was now or probably never and I plan to hang onto it and enjoy it.

This coupe was a standard coupe, but was optioned with all the GS options except the stripes apparently. It was originally banana blush but thankfully its now red with blackouts which is vastly better!

It has its original 302 Windsor and single rail gearbox which both work well and I definitely will keep it manual, I like it that way and it's not that bad to drive.

I bought this from falconator in Brisbane, so I flew up with my girlfriends dad at short notice and drove the coupe all the way back to Kerang in north Vic. I must say I had never sat in a coupe, let alone driven one until after I actually bought the coupe! So my first experience was driving at night through Brisbane, which was quite nerve wracking I much say but we didn't have any problems. And for the record, no I didn't stall it at all!

We had perfect weather the whole way down and no problems, the coupe didn't use heaps of fuel either, did about 10L/100km down the highway, which is the same as my daily driver, an XH longreach ute.

Got it home to my parents place where it'll live while I get it fixed up. Didn't take dad long to stick out his hand for the keys! We went for a spin and he loved it! Brought back memories of when he had an XB wagon with a 302. Funny thing is my coupe has a top loader knob on it, his wagon had the top loader gearbox with a single rail knob!

My plan for now is to get it rego'd in Vic, so it'll need a few bits fixed up, then later this year I have to go away for a year so I'm going to get the paint fixed up then, and maybe a freshen up on the engine, and get twin exhausts for it. My friend is giving me his old stereo system to put in it eventually. I plan to keep it pretty much the same but just finish it all off, nothing to drastic to do but will take time.

For now though I need a new chrome outer door handle on the passengers side, and I might need the outer felt window seal on that side to, might be able to fix it though, not sure. But if anyone has one they would like to sell me then let me know.

Also the driving lights need wiring up, I have wires but don't know where to wire them up to so some help with that would be great.

Thanks guys, will keep you all posted on progress.

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post