Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Re: Who works in the mines and what doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1STO
I was calling around a few Geotechnical places in Melbourne yesterday as I handed in my resignation after 7 years at a company.
While talking to a guy over the phone about jobs in Melbourne, I was offered a fly in fly out job as a Geo in WA (unsure of where as yet). The money is huuuge, but, it's 28 days on (2x13days & 2xdays off), the home for 7 days. The roster rotates as 1 month day shift and 1 month night shift.

I spoke to the missus about it and she agrees that the money is way too good to pass up, but, the toll on our relationship would be hard.

How are you guys finding it with FIFO jobs over there?
Many marriage/relationship breakdowns..?

I mean, it all sounds great in dollars and cents, but 2-3 years is a long time to do FIFO and that is what they are offering me..

Advice..?

Cheers
They have had a couple of TV shows on the ABC about FIFO and relationships. I have had 3 mates lose their marriages over FIFO and chasing the almighty dollar, but on the other hand the good money has set families up for life. Have you got kids and how old are they ?