Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #1
theostheone

Default FYI: If you have an impact...

hey people...

The otha night on the way home.. as i was turning into a street i ran into a medium strip. Apparently at the spot there had been an accident before where a truck took out the first 10-15 metres of the strip at the start of the street, and so the strip i ran into was about 10-15 metres from where i turned which made it invisible on the approach to the corner.

Anyway after mounting it very painfully and damaging my new set of 18 inch rims (after removing the front and back i found they BOTH buckled... even though i was going about 40-50 km/hr) and blowing the front tyre, the car came to a slow stop.

*************** this is the important part *****************
When it came time to move the car, the car didnt start. Trying lots of times i couldnt work out why the car wouldnt start. So I called the NRMA and afta waiting about 1 hour he finally arrives. He looks at the engine for about 5 seconds, then scratches his head, then he said that new cars usually have some sort of kill switch that shuts down the engine when there is a shock to the car to prevent fuel etc from leaking. So after looking through the manual we found that the switch is behind the glovebox on the left. I think it is a yellow switch that you press down on. So we did... and like magic the car started again.

Anyway i moved the car to a petrol station nearby. Had to go back the next day with my stock rims and take the 18s off cos they were damaged. It drove home with no problems... and the suspension felt normal so im guessing the only problem was with the rims. Anyway its due for its 30k service in a few days so ill take it in and ask them to check it out.

If i do need new suspension ill ask them to drop it for me... and as far as the rims go, i rang up the council and they said to write a letter with all the details and they will send it to their insurance company to see what they say.

Theo.

theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post