Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #11
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Default Re: Building a First Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
What do you expect for 1000 dollars?
You got a design! that came from many years of study, and practice and experience then advertising, premises to work out of and insurances, wages, etc. That is not free we don't give design away, you pay for it and I suggest at 1K you got it cheap, doesnt matter that you may not have used the design you were provided with a service with an outcome. the architect provided you with intellectual property, supported by accredited systems, legal recourse and an act of parliament which governs how the architect acts! This is not cheap. What you didn't get, as you didn't pay for it, was all the rest the profession can offer, that many in this thread who have actually used the complete services are vouching for. That may hev been refinement of design, documentation, tender, on site management in a drive for quality in design and construction.
Architects will always offer fee proposals if asked, ask first and don't be stung by a bill you cant afford.
Did you see them do the drawing?

JP
what do i expect for $1000?
i would expect something better than talking to someone for 40 odd mins to an hr watching him do a drawing (taking the ideas from mine i put in front of him) that took him literally half an hr
it wasnt a super flash massive drawing either
it was on an a4 sized bit of paper and was basic, it looked good tho and we liked the design
i respect what they do and how they can see an end product etc but friggin hell at 1000 bucks for an hrs work!
if he built the house we ended up choosing thru a well know company it would have been three times the amount of money
mind you the guy did design the canteen at my work and it is pretty flash
im pretty happy with what i have now
if you can afford an architect then go for it
they are smart and know everything you prob dont when it comes to house building....you pay for the knowledge and skill
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post