Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #17
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why don't Dealers want to sell cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks View Post

My other pet peeve is the people who want to negotiate over the phone. "What's you best price". Really. They're not going to buy it over the phone then and there. I know it's possible. But in 20 years it hasn't happened yet. Come and have a look, decide you want it. Then we can talk.
I must admit, when i'm buying a car and I have a set budget, this is the method I use sorry. If the seller is not negotiable or willing to budge on his/her price to meet my budget, then there is no point in wasting their or my precious time, and I will keep looking. To some sellers this tactic could be seen as intimidating or viewed with some sort of skepticism, but I just see it as common courtesy, and lay my cards on the table first.
Glen 5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: