Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #1
HULK_I6T
Banned

Default Street Presence: do we have to wait for mustang?

The fg and b series were nice cars but never had the road presence of a chrysler 300c, or even a HSV car.. they may have been better substance wise with the i6t and miami v8 but the average person (non ford enthusiast) would still prefer hsv or chrysler 300c. Also considering the price of a new falcon people see a similarly priced bmw / mercedes or audi as a vehicle with higher social standing. Additionally, i tell people im considering a new falcon and they tell me why would i spend money on a bogan car. The falcon cant seem to shake off the bogan label (much like commodore).

Is the FGX going to give the falcon some street presence? and lift its social standing? Im not sure it will..

To me current falcon just looks too subtle, too safe, doesnt stand out or look anything special.. Not many people (non ford people) say wow when they see a fg or a b series, the fpv cars included. But non ford people would more likely be impressed by a 300c or even a hsv car and easily impressed by euro cars..

I know you buy cars to drive them not worry what your neighbour thinks and the falcon excels on this basis but cars are also a status symbol. Sort of like wearing designer clothes instead of target. Falcon just doesnt wow anyone (non ford enthusiasts) and is more target than designer label.

So with this in mind, many of us contemplating dropping $60k on a new fgx falcon, am I going to get a car with some road presence? Socially will the new falcon be able to flick off the bogan tag?

Is fgx going to change this??

I think mustang brings its own identity, unique look and its own history.. its not a falcon, its an american hero car familiar to even non ford people...and at falcon price.

im really thinking of skipping fgx and going straight to mustang... I want some street presence.... I also dont wanna spend $60k and be labelled a bogan for my trouble.

are others going fgx or mustang?

Last edited by HULK_I6T; 20-10-2014 at 12:55 AM.