Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2019, 08:44 PM   #11
XRPete

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
I'm afraid we're going to have to stop testing until that MOSFET is replaced...

I've disconnected my gate input, MOSFETs are basically driven by a capacitor that you charge via the gate - power in that cap switches the device on.

What I've found through testing while I have no gate input connected is, the screen doesn't turn on. The large and small CPU do. Everything works except the screen. I can't even see lines or a faint image using a torch.

Then I charge the MOSFETs cap by connecting it and then disconnect the gate again.. the cap remains charged (as they do) and the screen backlight turns on and stays on... until the cap finally discharges after a lot of time. Then the screen turns off and remains off. Everything else continues to work - recharge the cap again - screen turns back on and it's displaying the same as it should.

This is interesting for sure....

ill see if can find another mosfet from Jaycar or a local eletronics repairer.

I did call a local repairer today who said that can inspect the board from $85 for the first hour, and advise the status of the board after that. but the felt that dealing with a component like this could be big money wasted.

I also called Fords Parts department, and discussed the current dilemma with this icc and they advised that they havent received and kind of CSI or service bulletin etc that would deem this component faulty or classed for recall. they also told me that they do sell screens new for $1300, and have been offering second hand as an option for $700. but would guarantee me an solution as to where they would swap the unit or charge the replacement until i bring my car in.

I didnt get a chance to call SWS Australia today, however the local repair did advise that calling them would probably lead me no where, as they would probably redirect me back to ford.

this sounds similar to situations Ive experience as well at work, as i work for a mining parts/re-manufacturing department too.
XRPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post