Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2021, 05:49 PM   #11
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
Hi, very impressive what you have been able to find out and do with the ICC and cluster. '

Some years ago when I tried to swap in a full set of 2011 Mk2 XR6T(auto) electronics into a 2011 Mk1 XR6T(manual) I had problems to update the As-built data in the cluster, I needed to set it to 'manual' instead of 'auto', but couldn't figure that out back then.

Back then, if the vehicle had been a Focus III, there was a Russian website that had an as-built editor. http://ford.xtlt.ru/ab/ That editor wouldn't quite work with the Falcon file. Is that something that would be useful to do now, to develop an as-built data file fixer that works for FG2 and late Terri?

This link explains a little more how the FoCCCus app worked: http://blog.obdii365.com/2020/01/24/...-coder-reader/

I haven't looked too closely what Forscan can do these days, so maybe that has a solution for it already.

Cheers,
Thanks!

I've been running a 2nd hand 2014 cluster (so the newest Mk2 firmware) in my 2012 XR6T for the past half-year and I suspect it came out of a ute. Since I copied over my EEPROM and flashed the CCC data into the last block of flash memory, it is now a full clone - except for the FPV upgrades I gave myself. I'm sure if it came out of a manual, which I don't think it did, it wouldn't "remember" after what I did.

But other than a few details in the CCC data, like the formatted byte and VIN, I really don't know what any of the values do. I assume because it's "Central" data, it gets sent to a few other devices over the CAN BUS, so I didn't bother looking too closely at what the cluster firmware does with it. Most of the cluster firmware is driven by the EEPROM values.

Yeah, I have not looked at Forscan for a while either... I was hanging out for the in-code-out-code stuff to work on a Mk2 (they got it working on the Mk1) but I kind of beat them to the finish-line. I think my method of installing a new cluster is better anyway, nothing else in the car needs to be re-programmed to install the different cluster (or swap them back later).
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: