Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-02-2018, 05:41 PM   #1
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: insurance decisions..

Having just replaced a windscreen myself, I would be more concerned about the rubbish from china that the auto glass industry all seem to use. Granted, my car is an older model, but I believe the problem is across the board with replacement windscreen's. I am not sure if the FG has a windscreen mold that surrounds the windscreen or not but make sure you can replace it before letting somebody rip the old one out. I am currently considering taking a good original screen and mold out of a wrecking yard, it might be worth you doing the same if Ford don't have stock. Good luck.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2018, 03:17 AM   #2
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I couple of insurers have told me of the magical 10 year mark. As above, cost of parts and availability is why their premiums are up on older cars.
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #3
Kil4Collingwood

Every insurer bar GIO and AAMI, who want $400-$450 depending on options for an agreed value of $9000 on a 2008 BF3 LPG wagon with no mods, all the others including the likes of budget and youi want $850-$1000. Rating one living near shepparton victoria.
Kil4Collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post