Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2008, 07:14 AM   #61
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Mate, It was bedlem in my car! I thought of that afterwards, but honestly, it is a whole different ball game when it actually happens!

Thanks guys for your advice and kind words! It's always a good thing when the justice system actually works for a change! I can sleep easy now!
only problem with videoing them chasing you though, if the cops were going to be nasty about it they could use it as evidence against you for speeding/dangerous driving or whatever.
Old 17-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #62
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
only problem with videoing them chasing you though, if the cops were going to be nasty about it they could use it as evidence against you for speeding/dangerous driving or whatever.
Thats the bit you leave out but you show the culprits swerving towards your car and tailgating and predatory driving.
Old 17-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #63
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

And then what are the cops going to say if you have clearly edited out the footage?

Bottom line is, I had witness' and all the evidence I needed for something to be done about it. I'm lucky enough as it is that I didn't get in trouble for various driving offences. The police would have known how I avoided being hit.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 17-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #64
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bring back the Cane in Schools, young people these days have no Respect & know they can mostly get away with anything.

It all starts from a young age so Discipline them from a young age.

They might just grow up to be better Citizens.

Good to hear it all worked out Mate
Old 17-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #65
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

forget the cane, we need harsher penalties and tougher police.. gone are the days where police were respected +6foot men
Old 17-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #66
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I seriously blame public liability and all that crap for half the problems in this country.

Like you said, gone is the day of the respected 6 foot + police officer who wouldn't hesitate to club these idiots. Criminals have way too many rights and too much power these days. And like I said, I believe a lot of it has to do with public liability.

I think it's time to start trimming the herd a bit. Clean up the streets with a gun or biff.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 17-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #67
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and make Darwins Law capital punishment - you do something stupid enough, your gone buddeh!
Old 17-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #68
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Bring back the Cane in Schools, young people these days have no Respect & know they can mostly get away with anything.

i agree, it all comes down to accountabiltiy - it all starts off when parents dont whack their kids when they need it, they don't learn consequence for their actions. And tougher laws would be good too, instead of pi$$ing around trying to catch some poor bugger going 5km over

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 17-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #69
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Kinda reminds me of this foward I received a while ago. Although it's a joke. it's pretty spot on.

DIFFERENCE IN CHILD DISCIPLINE IN 1960 v 2006

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1960 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrest Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled from school even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't stay still in class, disrupts other students.

1960 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a smack on the bum by Principal. After a very short time, sits still in class.

2006 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a thumping.

1960 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to uni, and becomes a successful and responsible citizen.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by psychologist "Of course, you remember being abused" and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mum has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mary is pregnant.

1960 - five high school boys leave town. Mary does her final year at a special school for expectant mothers.

2006 - School counsellor contacts Planned Parenthood. Mary gets an abortion Mary given condoms and told to be more careful next time, and also kids don't need fathers, anyway.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from cracker night, puts them in a bottle, blows up a red ant hill.

1960- Ants die.

2006 - Fire brigade and police called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, government investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch-list.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher Mary who hugs him to comfort him.

1960 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in prison.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 17-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #70
azaxr8

pathetttticccc, violence might not be the answer but. What stops them going over his place smashing his house up and car when his not there? wheres the avo going to be when theres no proof they done it. Break there knee caps.
Old 17-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #71
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Kinda reminds me of this foward I received a while ago. Although it's a joke. it's pretty spot on.

DIFFERENCE IN CHILD DISCIPLINE IN 1960 v 2006

Scenario: Mary is pregnant.

1960 - five high school boys leave town. Mary does her final year at a special school for expectant mothers.

2006 - School counsellor contacts Planned Parenthood. Mary gets an abortion Mary given condoms and told to be more careful next time, and also kids don't need fathers, anyway.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from cracker night, puts them in a bottle, blows up a red ant hill.

1960- Ants die.

2006 - Fire brigade and police called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, government investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch-list.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher Mary who hugs him to comfort him.

1960 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in prison.
These last 3 are funny as. Was the teacher hot?... Nice..nice.. still wish i got some hugs from my old business studies teach.. she was so hot lol
Old 17-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #72
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
These last 3 are funny as. Was the teacher hot?... Nice..nice.. still wish i got some hugs from my old business studies teach.. she was so hot lol
You have issues.

Oo\===/oO
Old 17-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #73
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

My home room teacher in grade 12 was a hottie. 22 and straight out of uni. I woulda dragged my ol fella through a mile long of broken glass to hear her fart through a walkie talkie.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 17-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #74
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well with the first thign i said i should have realised that not everyone watches south park.. and the second part.. well if you saw my old business studies teach - you'd be thinkin the same thing.. only problem was she wasnt exactly the smartest teacher - i ended up dropping the class because i wasn't learning anything and it was wasting my time
Old 17-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #75
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
"You don't need to know any of our names, go back to your party aye."

I just turned around and laughed and said everyone wants a shot at the title mate.
while the confrontation and end result was totally weak and pathetic - am i the only one who thinks the situation may have been inflamed by the above comments

there is a distinct possibility on the comode dore forum, some one has written they were trying to be friendly and invite others to join their party, to be told to effectively .... off
Old 17-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #76
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is that cause for attacking someone and then chasing them in a car though?? :

there is no excuse for what they did and attempted to do..
Old 17-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #77
EF Hoon
Sideways in my 33!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
well with the first thign i said i should have realised that not everyone watches south park.. and the second part.. well if you saw my old business studies teach - you'd be thinkin the same thing.. only problem was she wasnt exactly the smartest teacher - i ended up dropping the class because i wasn't learning anything and it was wasting my time
LOL u sure.. i dont remember any hot business studies teachers lol
Old 17-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #78
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaxr8
pathetttticccc, violence might not be the answer but. What stops them going over his place smashing his house up and car when his not there? wheres the avo going to be when theres no proof they done it. Break there knee caps.
that make you just as bad as them as I said this is the 21st century and things don't work like that any more. i's funny how you say " violence might not be the answer" then recomend knee capping what a looser you are

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 17-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #79
Assassinbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1

Fearing the possibility of receiving punishment makes an individual consider the consequences & in most cases (unless some serious mental disability presides)

choose not to be a tool,

While we are at it, civil libertarians, should be burned at the stake as the most likely cause for, wait for it, one of my favorite sayings of all time.........."as the degradation of society continues on its downward spiral"

choose
Old 17-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #80
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
is that cause for attacking someone and then chasing them in a car though?? :

there is no excuse for what they did and attempted to do..
my first line referred to them being weak and pathetic

my suggestion was that if a nicer verbal transaction had been shared, the trouble may not have started. you can be nice to some people, excuse yourself once you are finished and everyone is happy. if people are offended they usually get their back up - and with mates around they feel the need to act

it does not always happen that way, but giving an answer that may be considered attitude, can be asking for trouble. being nice sure beats fearing for your life and wondering if your car will be stolen, damaged etc.

in short, there are many idiots/try hards in this world. why give them fuel to have a go at you. sometimes you have to fight, but walking away wins nearly everytime
Old 17-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #81
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF Hoon
LOL u sure.. i dont remember any hot business studies teachers lol
i moved schools remember hehe you missed out!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
my first line referred to them being weak and pathetic

my suggestion was that if a nicer verbal transaction had been shared, the trouble may not have started. you can be nice to some people, excuse yourself once you are finished and everyone is happy. if people are offended they usually get their back up - and with mates around they feel the need to act

it does not always happen that way, but giving an answer that may be considered attitude, can be asking for trouble. being nice sure beats fearing for your life and wondering if your car will be stolen, damaged etc.

in short, there are many idiots/try hards in this world. why give them fuel to have a go at you. sometimes you have to fight, but walking away wins nearly everytime
i know its always nice to hope for something like that.. but if someone comes over and starts trying to interrogate you, obviously drinking and talkin the way he had already as per what XR6 said.. then they've obviously made up their mind.
Old 17-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #82
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

gee....guys are pathetic...bloody EGOs :P

He probably came over to see your "private party" with 4 chicks...was jealous :
Old 17-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #83
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i guess the chicks weren't impressed then since they had to mouth off lol
Old 17-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #84
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so are you getting some "sympathy" time with the girls? hehe

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 17-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #85
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

LOL... boys seriously drop the whole.. heroic sympathy ... its called guilty... she was feeling guilty for mouthing off at some other bloke so then she had to "mouth off" at him to make him feel better... sympathy.. HAH!
Old 17-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #86
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Cause that's we are a couple now....right....sympathy...mmm

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 17-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #87
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

well it wasnt all bad then mate...

happened to me several times now... but usually my car is full of my mates and we pull over and get out, nothing ever happens...

80 series Turbo Diesel Cruiser
Old 17-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #88
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon4L
well it wasnt all bad then mate...

happened to me several times now... but usually my car is full of my mates and we pull over and get out, nothing ever happens...
Is that "nothing ever happens' as in no fighting, or as in your mates don't put out?
Old 17-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #89
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Cause that's we are a couple now....right....sympathy...mmm
At least everythings worked out good then ;)

well done lol
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 17-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #90
XlR8TED

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
that make you just as bad as them as I said this is the 21st century and things don't work like that any more. i's funny how you say " violence might not be the answer" then recomend knee capping what a looser you are
Does anybody else see the irony in everyone condemning going over and knee-capping the bloke, but in the same breath, advocating hitting kids with a cane to make them behave?

:togo:

Violence isn't the answer with d!ckheads in commodores, and it isn't with kids either. I'm not advocating letting them run riot, just saying there are more effective ways to discipline kids than hitting them. What's better...doing the right thing because it's the right thing, or doing the right thing because you know if you don't, the old man is gonna wrap the kettle cord around your legs?
Closed Thread