Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #61
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavenlaar
Well i proposed to my wife ... picture this - we lived in Coffs Harbour , found a secluded beach along a river leading to beach and had a picnic (champers , strawberries etc) after lunch got on 1 knee and asked ( thought i was going to throw up - i was that nervous) before she could say anything 2 fishermen pottered past in a dingy and yelled out "DONT DO IT !!! " she went bright red .. (she doesnt like SCENES) - anyway she obviously said yes , and yes , sex is the best after that
PS - thats where it starts & ends -

3 rings
- engagement ring
- wedding ring
- suffering

I was going to say, if that was on the yarra river, that was probably me that yelled "Don't do it !" ..lol

All my mates who have been married have ended up a poor bunch of unhappy blokes, not being allowed to do what they want when they want (owned !)and most are now devorced. I have been with my woman for 17 years , were not married but happy as pigs in mud. Even she has seen what has happened to our friends over the years after marrige and agrees with me that what we have is a good thing , and probably because we are NOT married ! .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #62
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Well for better or worse (lol) I did it on friday. It was our 6 year anniversary. And she said....

Drum roll please.....

Yes!
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #63
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Congrats BAXLS : ...now, how did you do it ?
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #64
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Congratulations!!! May you have a fantastic life together, a wedding is always good news! :1syellow1

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #65
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats mate! Word of advice, if she asks your opinion on anything to do with the wedding, if you don't care (and most of it you won't!) the best line is "It's your day! Whatever makes you happy!"

Will get you out of many tight spots!
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #66
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Congrats BAXLS : ...now, how did you do it ?
Nothing too exciting. I took the afternoon off work so I could organise things. It was our 6 year anniversary on Friday and when she got home from work I had set up a treasure hunt for her. I was waiting at the end of it where I popped the question. I had a dozen roses and some tequila sunrises there as well. We were drinking tequila for some reason the night that we met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tumpy
Congrats mate! Word of advice, if she asks your opinion on anything to do with the wedding, if you don't care (and most of it you won't!) the best line is "It's your day! Whatever makes you happy!"

Will get you out of many tight spots!
Dont worry I use the good old "Whatever makes you happy" quite often.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #67
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXLS
Dont worry I use the good old "Whatever makes you happy" quite often.
It is a series of "I do's"
Do you take her to be you wife? "I do"
Do you want to get your photo taken? "I do"
Do you want to go to Tai-land and do the hoizontal foke dance? "I do"

Congrats! and Good luck with it all.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post