Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
Aussie Andy

Default Cold Air Induction

I'm looking at putting a snorkel on my DL & was wanting to know the difference between a ford GT or Tickford snorkel & an aftermarket SS bigmouth. The SS snorkel is over $300 & the factory ones are under $50.
Is there much difference in perfomance between these 2?

Aussie Andy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
smiley

Well, the SS inductions has a lot more surface area for collecting air however in terms of the difference in performance, probably a slight increase with the SS but in my opinion, not worth the $300. Probably better cutting a hole in the front of your airbox and running some plastic pipes (from bunnings) towards the front.
2.5" Redback, high flow cat, Pacemaker headers

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
Mr_4.0
What Wheelspin?

i have an ss inductions and they are great. they actually require you to modify your airbox because they have about a 3 1/2 inch intake pipe that has to flow to the air box. heaps more flow over the ford ones.

2003 BA Xr6 Turbo (Atomic Long, DTM auto, Nizpro stage2 kit, eaton truetrac, E85, HeadsexTuned)
Mr_4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

the SS inductions mouths r bigger and its the whole kit thats worth $300. dunno bout the snorkel itself. being bigger it would give more flow, better throttle response, and better economy. i think that the AU XR8 SS snorkel is the biggest one u can possibly fit to an e series (bigger than BA XR6T/AU Tickford) as far as i know.

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
falcon351
HANK

Ye i cut holes in my airbox, sounds mad, but its sucking hot air so im gonna rig up a CAI with sum flexi piping! the sound ATM is sweetas!!!
Shift kit!
Tinted windows n tail lights.
Pioneer 200w flip face head unit
600w pioneer sub backed by my nu 640W kenwood 4 way amp
Eclipse 6x9s and 6's
Clear front and side indicators
115 rwkw on regular, not bad for pod, catbak!

Back on the rd! nothing can stop us, not a defect or even a stoby pole!! BAHAHA NEVER SAY DIE!!!
falcon351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post