Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
zetec23
Starter Motor

Default radio code

just bought my new zetec black in colour
got a flat battery
got nrma to strat her up
but know need radio code
can anybody out their help

zetec23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford will supply this detail over the phone/counter free of charge if you have all the particular's and prove ownership.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec23
just bought my new zetec black in colour
got a flat battery
got nrma to strat her up
but know need radio code
can anybody out their help
Isn't the key code in the little folder with your owners manual?
Seano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #4
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No info on the radio code comes with the car documentation. You will need to call Ford for that...

It is a security code after all... What I want to know is who in their right mind would rip off one of these cheap **** radios anyway???

Got me stuffed.
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Haha. Yeah well.. my old Laser KF had a security coded radio. It was a Philips cassette radio. I was praying that someone would break into my car and steal that thing so I had a reason to get a new HU. LOL

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by More revs
No info on the radio code comes with the car documentation. You will need to call Ford for that...

It is a security code after all... What I want to know is who in their right mind would rip off one of these cheap **** radios anyway???

Got me stuffed.
Oh, in the front of my owner manual folder I have a sticker with some 4 digit key code on it. Buggered if I know what it is then?
Seano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I've got one too! But it's possibly for the keys?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #8
73MTU

yeah its within one of the numbers on one of the stickers in the owners manual. my uncle figured it out. it was some serial numebr or barcode number. the first or last 4 digits. cant remember.
73MTU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We talking LS Focus?

Mine didn't come with any radio codes, the dealer said I would have to call them for the code if ever required.
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #10
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah with the service book they gave you there's 2 barcode stickers, the last 4 digits in the number below the barcode is the security code for the stereo
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #11
Quinna
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
Ford will supply this detail over the phone/counter free of charge if you have all the particular's and prove ownership.

G'day all. Long time reader, first time poster.......

I had my battery replaced today in my AU II Futura and of course i don't have a radio code.
I rang 3 different ford dealers and was quoted 25, 20 and 15 dollars. So obviously it's all bullshit, how do i go about getting a code of them for nothing? Or should i give up and go the cheapest option?

Martyvan, who did you call?
Quinna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #12
Curly
SOLD: 2006 LS Focus LX

When we picked up our new Focus the other day the salesman couldn't find the radio code which he says should be on a sticker in your little plastic folder somewhere. He said that the dealer keeps it on record and Ford have it too. After us hassling them for days they admitted that they had lost it. The service department slipped the radio out and got the serial number off the back, rang Ford with the number and they supplied the security code.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #13
1lifeliveit
Focus is my middle name

So if I unplug my battery to do something and plug it back, do i need a radio code to switch my cd player back on?

3 door, Panther Black, Manual, 17" MP3 Alloys, SVT Airbox with K&N panel filter, SVT Snorkel, Leather Gear Knob and Steel Handbrake Cover, ST170 pedals, ST170 Lower grille, CFM UDP

Not too soon : Focus sport/Borla Exhaust, Throttle body

1lifeliveit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #14
Marshy79

yup!

As for the dealers not handing out the codes.... they most certainly should be!
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #15
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I was gonna say the same thing....

I got my festiva back from the panel shop after a fool drove into me and they had disconnected the batt.

I was assured that the radio pin would be given to me over the phone by ford. I called em and they told me i needed to show my papers at a dealership for the number. However no money was mentioned.

Drove down to ford 10 minutes before the service department closed.... they then said something about how they have already shut down all the computers and that if i needed the code i would have to hand over 20 bucks cash...

I thought this was a "switching on computer levy" as the service guy was peeved that i dared show up 10 minutes b4 they should have shut....

Called another shop and was quoted "15 or 20 dollars". I searched my boxes and finally found the junk i cleared from the glove box before the panel shop got my car (I had also moved houses so i was searching for hours....)

Firstly if it was going to be charged should it not be astandard fee?? it all seemed a bit random at the service centres and secondly if its just the matter of them looking it up on a computer why be charging ford customers if it would only take em a minute or 2 to find?
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #16
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Often it is the last 4 digits of your VIN.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #17
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinna
G'day all. Long time reader, first time poster.......

I had my battery replaced today in my AU II Futura and of course i don't have a radio code.
I rang 3 different ford dealers and was quoted 25, 20 and 15 dollars. So obviously it's all bullshit, how do i go about getting a code of them for nothing? Or should i give up and go the cheapest option?

Martyvan, who did you call?
you got jipped and so did you Yellow_fiesta

when i installed my sub i accidently disconected the power from the bat to the radio.....as i didnt have the number i wrang up the closest ford. which at the time ( i was on holidays in Kiama) was nowra.......so i drive down there and they have a Quick look at the car's rego blah blah blah.. get the number from the Headunit. sum sort of combination displays numbers they need. guy goes in. then 5 min later comes back out and types in a code for the radio.....DONE!! no money exchanged....he said that there would of been a charge it was more than just a quick 10-15 min job ...drove home after i recorded the number that i needed for the radio in my log book/manual.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #18
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Nah... i didnt giv em a cent, i just assumed it would be free. I had always had the code stashed in the glove box and as usual the time you need it is the week after you clear the box and stash all the crap away in boxes....
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #19
owens

Yep, we found ours on the paper glued inside the manual that had all our details on it.
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #20
MikGan

Some cvnt stole our papers from our car, was the only thing they took, that and our picknick blanket but what was found in a near by alley, every effort to get ford to get a new booklet has failed, we've rung and ordered a new booklet about 5 times now but they never call us when they are in and when we call back they never have a record of our order! So with the booklet went the manuals, the warrently and service history and the codes.
MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2006, 09:17 PM   #21
zetec
Zoom Zoom

MikGan, the full service history is recorded in Ford's computer system nationally that ANY Ford Dealer can access. Call the CRC and state the problems you've had. If they can't order you a manual thorugh your local Dealer, then you local Dealer should be able to if it's a new model.

Radio codes are stored in the national system also that ANY Dealer in the country can access. I used to be the guy the Dealers contacted (in my old role) when they had difficulties accessing codes. If a Dealer charges you for it and you're not happy, tell them thanks for nothing and try another Dealer. But for security reasons, you have to go through a Dealer.
Old 29-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #22
MikGan

Thats good to know, when I last spoke to them they said that they had to give me a print out of all my service history to put in my glove box for the moment because they have changed owners and no longer have access to old service logs, only from date X forward, and that if I lost that print out I'd have no way to prove the car was 'ever' serviced.

Just a nother quick Q' what is the 'CRC'? and whats their number? I assume they are some sort of customer relations something-a-rather.... ?
MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #23
Curly

13 Ford (13 3673)
Old 29-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #24
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Cheers Curly.

Customer Relationship Centre
Old 30-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #25
Curly

We have rung them in the past and found them moderately helpful. They always returned our calls.