Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-05-2006, 10:36 AM   #91
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no mod to the k-frame. just grind a bit of the ribs off the sump...

the air intake is $280 from A1 Exhausts in Caboolture. EB-Pete also bought one.

they are HEAPS LARGER than anything else out there for EA-ED's...
Old 06-12-2006, 02:21 AM   #92
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

I want to get an AU engine. I am running an ED engine at the moment, with a EF serpentine conversion.

Apparently the Alternator bracket/alternator is different on the AU compared to the EF 110 amp?

Also, I have: AU Power steering pump, XH tensioner, EF A/C (On ED AC bracket) AU Balancer, AU Water pump.

Will the AU engine go into my car with the EF compressor and XH tensioner? Apparently the EF A/C won't fit onto the AU engine with the ED Manifold??

Please help OED 666!! Pictures of the engine close up (around the A/C, etc, would be awesome if you could!

A description of your setup would also be very good!!
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #93
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You've been mining... Lucky i am still subscribed...

I have an ef or el compressor. i believe they are identical in physical size. you can also use the xh tesioner and not have any clearance issues. the ac compressor is close, but not that bad to the intake manifold.

i will get some close up pics tonight.

AU engine, au alternator (i also believe the brackets are different between ef and el). i replaced the pulley wheel on the power steering pump.

I am using an xh tensioner (although i did originally have an au tensioner and belt. it did rub though on the tensioner) belt you need for the xh tensioner is 6pk2400.

i have either ef or el ac compressor. not 100% sure what bracket i have either for the compressor to the block. i am also using the my ed dizzy setup. your engine mounts also bolt straight up.

i ground off the little rib from the front of the sump. the sump has never hit the front of the k-frame.

i didnt change the bellhousing. i think there is 4 bolts that dont fit. from memory there is like 4 or 6 in there now. no problems as yet, even with 4000rpm launches at the drags.

anymore q's just ask

one thing i forgot... the bottom hose size is different between au and ed's. are you changing your radiator to an ef/el one.... or havent you thought about it yet

Last edited by OED666; 06-12-2006 at 11:11 AM.
OED666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #94
Christiaan

Thanks for the quick reply OED666!

I have a full serpentine conversion with thermo's, and i just got my ED radiator flushed. It was 50% blocked! All i'm doing for the bottom hose, is using the ED hose, but I have a piece of small EF hose on the water pump, and then i slide the bigger hose over the top of that small hose on the pump end. It works, and hasn't leaked.

The A/C bracket is the only thing I'm not sure on when it comes to this conversion, and the alternator, cos people say that the bracket/alternator is different.

I am sure that the EF power steering pump will fit, my balancer is AU (should come on the engine), XH tensioner, water pump (will come on the new AU engine).

So, i need to make sure I can use the A/C bracket from my ED, and also how the alternator works..

It's re-assuring that you got it in there with the EA-ED manifold. The only reason I won't go to EL ECU + BBM, is because I have LPG now, and the entire system is suited to ED manifold. So BBM is not an option..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 06-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #95
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i will get some pics tonight and hopefully it will make it clearer. have you got any pics of your ef alternator???
Old 06-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #96
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OED666
i will get some pics tonight and hopefully it will make it clearer. have you got any pics of your ef alternator???
Umm, nah i don't. It's just a mitsubishi 110mp. Did you get a Alternator + bracket with your AU engine? Did you have serpentine on your ED before the AU engine conversion?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #97
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea, i had the alternator with my engine. i didnt have the serpentine setup before wacking in the au motor.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #98
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OED666
yea, i had the alternator with my engine. i didnt have the serpentine setup before wacking in the au motor.
Oh ok, well, the AU engines being sold on ebay for EF/EL, come with the alternator + bracket on them, because apparently they are different.

So, looks like the only problem I can forsee now is the A/C compressor.

I have done this conversion before, on an NC fairlane for a customers car. We used the multi belt system though, not serpentine.

I am comfortable with doing the conversion myself, but I need to know the A/C bracket will bolt in. I'd love to see the end product in your car. Most of the pics in this thread are dead, and I can't see anything!!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #99
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was looking back over it before, and its missing heaps of pics due to lack of space...

have a look at my cardomain site in my sig, page 2 has some more pics
Old 06-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #100
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

hey all,
i love the idea of the au xr6 engine.
whats the legalities of it?

do u need engineers certificate or is it legal to change widout engineers cos ur not changing kframe?

do u need engineers certificate if going from ea 3.9L to au 4.0L?

thanks
bradman

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #101
Christiaan

No engineering certificate. You don't mod the k-frame to fit it. You get the sump modified, a little bit for EA-ED, and a lot for EF/EL.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #102
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

cool. in that case its a matter of buying the parts and learning the know how.
sweet.
my mate was second guessing me about the certificate so now i can firmly stand my ground n say i dont need one.

i got a quote from this joint in kilsyth (something walker parts)
he wanted $1400 for engine n gearbox (au2). and i dont think that included ecu.
but i was told about $1000. anyone confirm $1000.

whats the power difference between AU2 and AU2 XR6?

thanks
bradman

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #103
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i paid $900 for my motor. 50,000k au XR6 HP, with all accessories... no manifolds or gearbox