Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
blk6t

Default Fiesta Scratched CD Panel

Hi All,

My Girlfriend has a Jan/05 fiesta LX and it has been a dream car. She wanted the Ipod connection for her Ipod so we called up Ford and ordered. We recieved today and proceeded to install only to discover that there is no outlet on the early 05 models. NOT HAPPY THANKS FORD FOR INFORMING US AFTER THE FACT. Whilst removing the center console cover I accidentally scratched the silver CD player panel. NOT HAPPY AGAIN. Neways does any one here know if Ford can send a new silver radio cover panel? We have asked Ford and the computer says its black which dosn't make sense. Has this happened to anyone else before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

blk6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Howdy,

Most unfortunate to hear about the scratches. The silver face is actually the whole radio... 1 Peice.. and doubt it can be replaced. Ford think you are talking about the actually console facia not the radio facia.

Anyways best of luck..
Old 05-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
blk6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Howdy,

Most unfortunate to hear about the scratches. The silver face is actually the whole radio... 1 Peice.. and doubt it can be replaced. Ford think you are talking about the actually console facia not the radio facia.

Anyways best of luck..
Hey thanks for the reply,

The silver cover on the radio can be removed from the radio as its only held by a number of small screws which is a benefit but I thionk that Ford don't have these spare and only come with the radio. Will hopefully find out more on Monday.

Cheers
Old 06-01-2007, 01:53 AM   #4
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

If I can find my old radio lieing around ill give you the face off it. I took it out ages ago so don't know if i can find it.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 02:10 AM   #5
blk6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
If I can find my old radio lieing around ill give you the face off it. I took it out ages ago so don't know if i can find it.
Fantastic...that would make my day. I would owe you one for sure...

Cheers
Old 07-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #6
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
What did you replace it with?
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2007, 12:05 AM   #7
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK-6T
Hi All,

My Girlfriend has a Jan/05 fiesta LX and it has been a dream car. She wanted the Ipod connection for her Ipod so we called up Ford and ordered.
Hi Black-6t

just wondering, is the input only for ipods or is it an auxiliary input that will connect up any mp3 player?

Quote:
Whilst removing the center console cover I accidentally scratched the silver CD player panel.
Mine too - courtesy of Ford though. They did it when checking the antenna connection. Can occasionally find one on ebay out of the UK.

Cheers
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK-6T
Hey thanks for the reply,

The silver cover on the radio can be removed from the radio as its only held by a number of small screws which is a benefit but I thionk that Ford don't have these spare and only come with the radio. Will hopefully find out more on Monday.

Cheers
Technically the Radio is not a ford part. The radio's in Fiesta's are made by Visteon AG in Portugal...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #9
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hey mate....if you are talking abuot the Silver faced cd cover which i can tell you are, then as you know the MP3 capble Ford Sold you wont fit...(as you know) and i am betting that if ford sold you a Fiesta MP3 cable and they are saying that the facia only comes in black they are most likely reffering to the WQ which is the late model. and ifi am not mistaken you have the old model the WP......

my 2 cence...might give you some ideas about making sure that they can either check to make sure they have the right part......

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 01:41 AM   #10
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Ive had a look for the radio but i couldn't find it. Sorry
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #11
Jess85

i just found some fiesta CD players on the USA eBay but the items are shipped worldwide:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200067215594

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200067211503

Dont think the 2nd one will fit the Fiesta but yeh...
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

The second one wont Fit, well its not designed for the Fiesta mk6 anyway.. but even if you do buy that one from the UK there is a 70% chance it will be broken by the Time it gets here. i tried to buy the Ghia one and the Guy said he wouldnt Send it to AUS cause it would get broken as many in the UK have in transit....

I remember that Ford COuld send these things Away For Repair. Ask if they could repair it....other wise take out the CD player (make sure you have the Code First) then take off the Face Plate....sand it down...And Respray it.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post