Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #31
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where do people download the current seasons shows from? And how long does it take on a 512 connection?
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #32
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosta32
Where do people download the current seasons shows from? And how long does it take on a 512 connection?
bit torrent dude
:
Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 11:07 PM   #33
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

What great news... of course half the world didn't know who he was until the smash, and now they're all experts (I actually overhead two girls discussing him by the kitchen at work and I swear they would have never watched an episode in their lives), but that'll be good for their ratings, I guess!
XR Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #34
bigev
Bloke

Just finished watching the first episode of season 9 - great to see Richard back. From the news reports at the time, I thought he was a goner.

The episodes currently on SBS are season 7 - tonights was episode 3 - originally aired on 27/11/05. More here:
http://www.tv.com/top-gear/show/2768...&tag=nav_bar;7

To download stuff like this you'll need access to a technolgy called Bit Torrent. I'm not going to provide support for this so here are some basics.

Download a Bit Torrent program - there are a couple of main ones, Azureus and uTorrent (my personal choie is uTorrent). Google them.

You need to find a site that hosts to links to the shows/files. I'll let you Google that bit, the mods might not like posts about where to get the good stuff.

You'll need to do a little bit of setting up your modem/router - Google 'Bit Torrent port forwarding'.

Don't try it with dial-up, you're wasting your time.

On a 512k connection it'll take a few hours to download a 1 hour show. This is a rough guide as it depends on how compressed the file is.

Good luck. If in doubt, ask Google, you'll find the answer with a bit of looking.

FWIW, Top Gear is the key reason I got ADSL in the first place.
bigev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #35
Dezza
Parts bin special

I downloaded the new episode, and it was great! Love it how Hammond didn't want them to make a fuss, so Clarkson and James May organised dancing girls and music as Hammond walked down a set of stairs! LOL

The crash was certainly a big one. He was very lucky indeed

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #36
bnvw
GunXR

thats a crash to be walkin out of! good on him for the effort, hope he gets the pay rise now! lol :Reverend:
Old 30-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #37
Ringo
I see you....

Those three guys know how to make good entertaining TV.

Stuck watching SBS but enjoy it all the same. Haven't seen em so I couldn't care less if they are 2 seasons behind.

Watching last nights episode had me laughing a few times and didn't Clarkson enjoy driving the XR5......sliding through weet corners weeeeeeeee!
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #38
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
Those three guys know how to make good entertaining TV.

Stuck watching SBS but enjoy it all the same. Haven't seen em so I couldn't care less if they are 2 seasons behind.

Watching last nights episode had me laughing a few times and didn't Clarkson enjoy driving the XR5......sliding through weet corners weeeeeeeee!
yeah man it was so funny they're gr8, love when interviewing someone and then change a few things , like when the person is driving adding that he stacks his backend of the car, adding a speed camera
: :
Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #39
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Don't know if anyone else picked this up, but after watching TOP GEAR i then watched Supernatural. During supernatural there was a preview to the ten late news. They previewed a segment on the Hamsters crash as though it just happened. What a ****er, clearly it happened nearly 4 months ago now.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #40
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaUBClN7y2Q

There is a link that is currently working, pretty nasty looking crash, in particular because of the way the roll bar digs into the turf. :
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #41
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks bigev, it is also the main reason i upgraded to adsl!
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #42
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

what i found amusing though, was last night on channel 10's head lines they were only just reporting the accident.....um hello, it happened 4 months ago, get some new news!!!! watched top gear last night....go the GT40. so funny when they were trying to get out of the parking lot though! damn supercars. the best bit of that though was the bridge....how huge was that thing!!

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #43
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandrsxr6
Don't know if anyone else picked this up, but after watching TOP GEAR i then watched Supernatural. During supernatural there was a preview to the ten late news. They previewed a segment on the Hamsters crash as though it just happened. What a ****er, clearly it happened nearly 4 months ago now.
lol...i really should read threads properly! i did see this and nearly ****ed myself laughing.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post