Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-10-2006, 12:27 AM   #61
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

SpooN XL , nice guitars mate ! , very nice , i like deep cutaway bodys as i like playing high up the neck without restiction, thanks for the nice comments too.

I'll check your band out too ;) . cheers.

Anyway , regarding the 5150 head , i went and checked it out and it was rooted ! , it had caught on fire ( hence why it had no valves ) , the main pcb in it and most of the components were burned away , it was past repairable ! , the only thing left decent on it really was the main case/box enclosure (sort , was half burned away inside ), and the main face controls and knobs etc etc. A shame realy , as i was looking foward to purchasing this head, i pretty much said to the bloke you might as well throw it in the bin or sell it dirt cheap as spare parts . :( .

So , back on the amplifier hunt i go again .

P.S .. acording to the new sticky notice , no more youtube video post links in threads, apart from in the sticky thread , so i'll post the occasional video's in there from now on , not in this thread ;) .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #62
SpooN XL

What kind dollars did you want to spend on your amp?

Randall make a very nice tube series called MTS

I play a 50watt MTS combo in our little band and its amazing
SpooN XL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #63
muppet

Thats a shame oh well good luck on the amp hunt.
here is a pic of my bitsa ibanez it is a jem neck on an old rg140 body that I routed out for a floyd. Putting a 24 fret neck on a 22 fret body is not as easy as you first think. It has the pickup out of my first jackson(that I bought around 1986) in the bridge and a seymour duncan alnico pro 2 in the neck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ibanez.jpg (99.5 KB, 55 views)
Old 14-11-2006, 12:38 AM   #64
HLC
Audi S3

*hijacks thread*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tM9eHILNXw

thats a video of me playing "Take No Prisoners" by Megadeth.

i cut off the solo cause i kept screwing it up. and yeah thats it :sm_headba
Old 16-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #65
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

XR6-VCT-2000

Eventually got to your clip ......

Maaaate , get your bum into gear , get in a band & go out "Gigging" , there's heaps of guys out there can't play like that & they're working . If you don't , your wasting your talent .

Sorry to be so blunt , but I've been in the business since 1970 & seen some ? ? ? shall we say "they should have been Footballers or Cricketers & NOT Muso's" .

Keep up the good work.... :

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #66
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Unleashing the Fury last night

Muppet, I can't say I approve of what you did but something makes we wanna pick that thing up and play it. Frankensteining Jems can cause much distress to those unprepared.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #67
muppet

hay man dont blame me , blame Daniel Johns from silvercahair he is the one that did unspeakable things to the jem. I only bought the neck of him after he had gotten it replaced with a great big tele style neck and then had the floyd rose hole filled in and a gibson stop tail put on it(and you think I did something wrong lol). If you want to see the guitar have a look at the first film clip to tomorrow that they did when they where kids. The only thing I stuffed was an old rg140, I saved the jem neck from the bin as it was bowing upwards at the end and I have had to refret it twice because it kept bowing after I straitened it. I used to have to put a g clamp on the neck at the 22nd fret to push it back down , it has setteled down now.
Old 16-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #68
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Oh geez, Yes, I remember vividly. 1993/4 and the Floral Print Jem with strat neck in 'Tomorrow'. Tragic.

Last edited by Stugots; 16-11-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #69
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
*hijacks thread*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tM9eHILNXw

thats a video of me playing "Take No Prisoners" by Megadeth.

i cut off the solo cause i kept screwing it up. and yeah thats it :sm_headba
watch it :P
Old 06-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #70
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Hey guys , sorry i haven't been on here for a while.

HLC ... cool stuff mate , i love Megadeth , good old 80's style metal. , sounded pretty good too .

...and....

normxb ... thanks heaps for the nice comment !, it's probably the most inspiring thing anyone has ever said to me ! . Maybe 1 day i'll get a band happening again, when the pokies came into melbourne years back it sorta killed the band scene off ( all the pub gigging rooms became pokie rooms : ) . cheers fellas

Old 06-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #71
HLC
Audi S3

thanks mate!

i put another vid up of me playing a Lamb of God song. but its a bit sloppy hahaha
Old 07-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #72
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Cool HLC , i'll check out that too

And here's something for you guitar freaks , an original leadbreak with pc bass and drums created with Music2000, probably my best achievement yet on youtube so far ..lol .. here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhsjb...elated&search= , your comments would be very much appreciated - if i get enough good comments it might make me get my *** into gear and start another band. cheers.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #73
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
It a custom EX360 Ibanez / with a fully scalloped wizard neck ( was made back in about 1983 ) .... yes it does have a tremelo , except i didn't have it screwed in for this song , allthough i should of.
Nice! One of the guitars I have here is an Ibanez RG570. They have great necks.
XR Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #74
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

AWESOME STUFF DUDE, Loved it, you play some mighty good guitar.
Well done and keep it going.

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #75
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

XR Rob .... ty , yeah im still stuck in the 80's ! , im still using an old custom wizard neck , some people these days find them ancient and hard to play ! ??? . Its a fully scalloped neck , i love it , the guitar is a mess ..lol , but it has served me well , thanks again

BLUPRNT XR8 ..... ty too , from your comment i'de gather your not a guitar player ( i dunno , maybe you are ? , if not - not a problem ;) !), just its nice to have nice comments from normal music listners other than just muso's all the time , nice to know it is liked by someone in the public , cheers .

Last edited by XR6-VCT-2000; 07-02-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 PM   #76
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
BLUPRNT XR8 ..... ty too , from your comment i'de gather your not a guitar player ( not a problem ;) !),
Yep, definately not a guitar player and wouldn't have the faintest about notes etc. :
Just your average hard working tradesman who loves ALL good music. :evil3:

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #77
b2tf
not here much anymore

good choice in guitars, love Ibanez ones.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #78
muppet

Nice playing on that one . here's a comment from one guitarist to another , chop the ends of you're strings off before you poke you're eye out lol.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #79
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

thanks fellas ...

lol Muppet - I usualy have the extra bit of the strings fully wound onto the pegs, so if i break a string i can just unclamp the string at the tremelo and wind some more off the pegs (my tremelo doesn't use the string ball ends) . They were just dangling everywhere that day as i had just wacked the guitar back together to play for the day, as it's currently under repair. ;)

Old 08-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #80
muppet

Yeah dont worry I know about floyd rose trems , been playing guitars with them for 25 years . Thats a good idea about unwinding the string , do you brake strings regularly ?
I never brake strings , and I give them a flogging ( I play in a death metal band lol) , I allways end up replacing them because they are so old I have to. If you do brake them regularly at the saddles then I woud look for any sharp edges on them and give them a light sanding .
Now get you're a$$ into gear and get a band going , have you heard how crap some of these guitarists are that are playing live in bands these days .
Old 08-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #81
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Yeah i break them now and then , not because of any sharp edges on the hardware, but because of the fully scalloped neck there is no fretboard restriction which allows you bend a sting nearlly 2x the amount you usually can !, and sometimes i go a little out of control bending away like mad ..hehehe.

I actually haven't seen a live band for years ! - true , but even some commercial music makes me wonder 'how tf did they get on radio !' .lol. I'll get my *** back into someday again maybe, darn i dont even know any bass players or drummers anymore.