Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
waldomatczak

Default changing petrol filter?

Hi guy's, mate brought over his 2002 1.8 focus over and asked me to change his petrol filter, tried to use screw drivers to release the fuel tabs but they won't budge, is there anyone who has tried to change his petrol filter, and how did you do it, thank's.

waldomatczak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
FRA
Mr Focus

I have and its not that easy.
You need to push on the fuel tabs like you have been doing then push down.
Also try and turn the fuel filter, that'll give you a better angle for the fuel tabs as well
Take off the fuel filter tab thats near the 4 fuel lines 1st then you can turn the fuel filter little bit and this should help you.
On the fuel filter tabs thats near the back right door this is the 1 you'll have the problem with, you need small hands to work under there...lol
There is a bolt to take off as well 12" or 7/16 bolt if I remember
If you live around Brisbane I would do it for ya.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.

Last edited by FRA; 29-03-2007 at 10:29 AM.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 10:44 PM   #3
waldomatczak

Thank's FRA, the filter is in a very awkward place, I didn't have my glasses when I attempted to change the filter, did you mean squeezing the tab's down and pushing out? thank's.
Old 30-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
FRA
Mr Focus

Push the tabs in by squeezing it then push down,do you have a small tool nips at all, that should help you.
Then get a small screw drivers or something so that you push tab down.
Getting the tab is the hardest part.
Taking off and putting on a exhaust isnt much better.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Old 30-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
waldomatczak

Thank's again, I will have another go on the weekend, try changing the water pump, that's a interesting job.
Old 30-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
FRA
Mr Focus

Well all the best man.
I'm going to change over my cats over on the w/end and see what difference it makes on the 2 Focus.