Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
FESTEC

Default Bmc Carbon Dynamic Airbox

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/VisModel.asp

I really want a CAI and have been looking around and BMC do the Carbon Dynamic Airbox but it is for the 2.0TDCI model and was wondering will this work on my MK2 Focus... Also what would something like this be worth here in Vic and would revolution race gear be the only one who brings them in.

Also any other that you can think of that is designed for the MK2 Focus??

FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
BlackLS

AEM Cold air intake for the Mazda 3 is the go, they have identical engine bays to the LS, check out ozmazdaclub.com in the Mazda 3 section.

Theres a few other cold air intakes avaliable for the Mazda 3, otherwise you can make some up with 3" piping and bents and 3" silicone joiners.

If your like me and have no money, get rid of the second airbox. That will give you intake growl, better responsiveness and a bit of power.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
FRA
Mr Focus

i Wouldn't bother looking at that site again.
Get a air intake system like Melbzetec, Simon or myself.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The BMC CDA is a universal fit product. They come in 2 sizes under 1600cc and over 1600cc so if you buy an over 2000cc one will be fine. Ive had one in my Fiesta and they are the best. Exensive but really good
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

The BMC Dynamic airbox is highly regarded by the FFOC of the UK
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #6
Penko13

Just a quick question guys.

i am running a pod filter as my intake. this means i have taken the top of the air filter box off and just have my pod kinda of above that.

i want to take the hole air box out but i found at the bottom it is connected by some sort of cable and i cant disconnect the cable from the air box. i was just wondering what this is and how i can disconnect it form the air box so i can take it out.

the only thing i can think of it is some sort of an oil breather pipe.

any help would be great

cheers
Penko13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

If it's an LR, it'll be the crankcase breather line....but it should come off easily
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post