Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #31
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus85
I would never go near a focus or a ford till they built something respectable, think i might be waiting for a while
I have just checked your 4 other posts. You really are a miserable little sod aren't you? Hope life improves from here on for you.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #32
b2tf
not here much anymore

Former LR Focus owner here, and no, I would not own one again. Moreso because Im now bag in a big car (and a V8 one at that), and couldnt face the downsizing again.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:20 PM   #33
Markus85
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I have just checked your 4 other posts. You really are a miserable little sod aren't you? Hope life improves from here on for you.
Mate my life is fine, when i went to buy a new car i expected no probs, i know there little bits and pieces that can go wrong but its a different story when a part has been manufactured wrong and still gets placed on the car, i'll probly get a VW golf next time around
Markus85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #34
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus85
i'll probly get a VW golf next time around
Watch out mate, the boredom will contaminate you. If you go a golf, go a R32 or Gen 5 GTI

I bought my LS Zetec with 6000K's on the clock- saved myself a bit there.
I would get another, yes however I would go the XR5 as the 2.0L doesn't excite me that much...Now that 2.5T on the other hand...ohh the glorious noise!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #35
Curly
SOLD: 2006 LS Focus LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaNob!
I'd consider a new one, yes. Other than a creeky drivers seat and slightly notchy/stiff shift (but not anoyingly so!) my XR5 has been the dogs danglies.

w00t, etc.
Our drivers seat was creaky till we raised it up a bit. That seems to fix it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #36
amlohac

NOOOOOOOOOOO, i wouldnt, that said i still miss my little blue car. Dont miss the list of problems i had with it though. Maybe might buy an xr5 if i had the cash.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:46 PM   #37
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Yep, I'd go another for sure, if the price is right but prefereably higher spec.

I like the Golf GTi but it's too common and most of them I see are driven by Hong Kong P platers. Asians own the Golf scene.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 AM   #38
euroford
Starter Motor

I think l'd wait till they start building them here in OZ before considering another,because the little nic nac problems we all assume is normal with new cars actually isn't. Problems should'nt take 2 years to resolve, ie paint imperfections,waterleaks,ill fitting rattling tailgates,engine pinging etc ,these all boil down to assembly and quality control which is what the LS suffers from.I suppose you all have noticed the large number of LS Focus's between 10 to 30000 k's up for sale.
euroford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #39
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Without even thinking I would buy another one. OK I'd think... long enough to exclude the Corolla...

I've loved every second of it, it has blown me away just how much fun, flexibility and enjoyment I can get out of a car.
Old 17-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #40
celicara65
Starter Motor

Thanks to all who posted. I ordered a Zetec in auto form, then revised it to a manual. The manual I test drove really put a grin on my face, which I guess is what it comes down to. That said, the auto did shift really nicely though and managed to hold the revs well up some of the steeper inclines where I took it. I did notice a *slight* ping during initial take off in the manual demo car, but it was barely noticeable. Nonetheless, hoping mine won't have it. Overall, pretty keen to get my hands on it and punt it through some corners. Interesting that the auto was going to take 4-6 weeks to arrive, but the manual only 10 days.
celicara65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #41
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocAus
If you want a nice car and only wanna spend low $20's do yoruself a favour and try the Astra, they are very popular and are well built

Ford, Ford, where for art thou Ford??

Astra hahha what a joke,girly looking ugly piece of crap,gutless engine the list goes on.Oh how do i know this,cousin had one,guess what she did with it.Sold it and got a focus.
Everyone has problems with every car,people who join forums are the kind of people who either are angry because of the problem or like cars.
go to any forum and that is where all problems are placed.Obvious isnt it?.

Last edited by jeremyweb; 17-08-2007 at 10:15 PM.
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #42
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Thumbs down

Dont even get me started on holdens other offerings,such as barina,viva,captiva.Long live KOREA,Most people buying a holden think they are buying aussie,ahh no sorry didnt we tell you. :togo: Saftey anyone?
2 hahaha joke
My apoligies for the holden bashing,but most holden fans,claim ford isnt aussie because it is owned by ford motor company as in america.Who owns holden?,where do the majority of holdens cars come from now?.

The focus is a great car,just i think the cabin is below par in some aspects.
Old 17-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #43
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd get the XR5 if I had spare cash. But Mum's Focus has served her well, she likes how it's much faster on the freeway (or so she thinks!), got T-Boned and the car's still in relative good shape.
Old 18-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #44
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly
Our drivers seat was creaky till we raised it up a bit. That seems to fix it.
I should clarify, I think its the leather, not the structure itself. I've never had a leather car before.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post