Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 13-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #1
Mick K.

Default Replacing rear brake pads on LR Focus

Ford have quoted me $340 for this job. Given that parts and labour to have the front pads plus rotors replaced cost me about $380 a year ago, this sounds a bit steep.

Anyone else had this done and mind sharing a price paid? For normal commuting, etc are Ford pads on the rear as good as any?

Thanks,

MK

Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #2
Penko13

dude i dont no if that is a good price but it beats my ford dealer by a hell of a lot lol.

i was priced for two front pads and a light machine on the front disks
$800 no joke.

i almost died at this price. went to midas and got it all done for $300.

Hope this helps in some way, Cheers
Xforce 4-1 Extractors, Xforce Cat Back Exaust System, K&N Performance Cold Air Intake With Pod Filter, Lowered All Round With Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension, 18" Zenetti Wheels, Sony 4 Channel Amp, Pioneer 6/9's, 12" MTX Sub
Penko13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Penko, yours should be different as yours is the LS and i THINK they have bigger wheels and what not. as the LR is a tad bit on the old side and im not sure why that are that price.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I do know that read discs are around $40 or 50 from Ford, it was cheaper for new ones than to machine my original ones!!! That's on an LR too!!

For the fronts, just shop around a couple of Dealers.