Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
nickaussie
Starter Motor

Default New Ford Focus

Hey All,

I'm looking at buying a Focus Zetec soon, and am wondering if anyone has any general feedback on the car. Also, approximately how long should it take from when I order the car (ocean blue, safety pack) to when it should be ready at the dealer (Sydney CBD dealers).

Cheers,

N

nickaussie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
FocusZetec07
Starter Motor

Hi

I just got my Zetec (silver hatch w/safety pack + 6 stacker), and from first ordering to getting the car was 3 weeks exactly.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll like it.
FocusZetec07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
Turbodiesel
Torquer

You got any photos? I'm yet to see an LT Zetec on the road.
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
FocusZetec07
Starter Motor

Yeah I have some photos but I don't know how to post them -if you can let me knwo how I post pics I'll gladly post them.
Old 20-09-2007, 09:16 PM   #5
mhenstri
Starter Motor

I ordered a Black LT Zetec about 2 weeks ago on the gold coast and it's apparently still on the boat :(
mhenstri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusZetec07
Yeah I have some photos but I don't know how to post them -if you can let me knwo how I post pics I'll gladly post them.
sign up to photobucket.com its free and you upload the images there and then copy the IMG tag at the bottom and paste it in here

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
FocusZetec07
Starter Motor

photn, thanks for that I will give it a go

mhensrtri, I'm sure it will be worth the wait! I haven't seena black LT Zetec yet, I'd love to see how it looks when you get it.

Did you get any options or is it standard spec?
Old 21-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #8
gunbound
Starter Motor

i dont have any pictures but the zetec looks really good! i've noticed them on the road.
gunbound is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
FocusLSHE
07' LS Focus - W/Mods

Go to the dealer, ask to see their stock cards. this will show you cars in the holding yard. (also the best for driving a bargain as these cars cost up to 80 bucks per day to keep in stock. if nothing there you like, ask for them to search for cars in OKOK status. this means cars that have arrived on dock but might be allocated to other dealers. these cars are subject to a 7 day cool off period in which another dealer may snap it up. if faling that LOVE status. Loaded on vessel. they can snap these up anytime. but remember, dealerships will most times tell you there are no cars available and you have to order one as they retain more GP or Gross profit as there are no transfer/transport fees to aquire the car and to send that dealer another one. (Stock Swap). if your firm, and ask for these cars and to look at the search results on their computer i cannot see why you wouldnt find one. and save a buck at the same time. (just some inside info on the new car scene ;) )hope this helps - and of course, if dealer doesnt budge, go to the next one! and so on.
FocusLSHE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #10
celicara65
Starter Motor

I got my Zetec hatch in silver about three or four weeks ago. So far all is good and pretty happy with how punchy it is and how well it handles. I did have a query about an electronic noise coming from the front of the car, the dealer checked it out and it's fine. One thing mine is getting is a repaint though, as there is a slight difference in shade between the doors on the passenger side. I'm dropping the car off at the dealer on Monday and they're giving me a courtesy car until I get it back. Their service (Rex Gorell Ford Geelong) has been excellent. If you're down this way and looking at buying, I dealt with Richard, his professionalism is outstanding. I posted some pics of the car not long after I got it too: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=114880
celicara65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 05:09 PM   #11
wylergnu
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhenstri
I ordered a Black LT Zetec about 2 weeks ago on the gold coast and it's apparently still on the boat :(
Me too. Ordered a black one mid August, ETA end of October.
wylergnu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #12
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by celicara65
I did have a query about an electronic noise coming from the front of the car, the dealer checked it out and it's fine.
Probably the electrohydraulic steering pump. Instead of the power steering running off the auxilary belt, it uses a electric motor.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #13
celicara65
Starter Motor

BlackLS - thanks for the explanation about the pump. My first fear was that it was a cooling system problem - on my old Celica I had an alternator belt go after it'd been to auto elec, which meant the water pump using the same belt stopped and I lost all the water from the radiator and most from the engine... eventually led to a cracked head.
celicara65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #14
wayne2208
Starter Motor

It seems everyone needs to wait for a period before getting their LT Focus. I booked a black Focus LT CL and get it one week later. Does it mean my car is the stock?

Besides, I find there is a sticker paste in the windscreen which show the fuel consumption rate (8L/100km) and CO2 emission rate. Does it means my vehicle is a display car? Do you guys have a sticker in your winscreen when you get your new Focus? I get the car in September but it is manufactured in June in South Africa...
wayne2208 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 10:42 AM   #15
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne2208
It seems everyone needs to wait for a period before getting their LT Focus. I booked a black Focus LT CL and get it one week later. Does it mean my car is the stock?

Besides, I find there is a sticker paste in the windscreen which show the fuel consumption rate (8L/100km) and CO2 emission rate. Does it means my vehicle is a display car? Do you guys have a sticker in your winscreen when you get your new Focus? I get the car in September but it is manufactured in June in South Africa...
In 2005 I waited 4 months for a standard LS LX In Black Sapphire. Yours would have been in stock. Mine was manufactured in November and I got it November 30th.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #16
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne2208

All NEW cars coming into Australia have to have that sticker (Consumption/CO2 Emission) displayed by law before being sold. As i recall from my time in the Automotive industry. Its one of the many things that go on at Inspection between when they come off the boat and make it onto a truck/train.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #17
BA_SR_Owner
Starter Motor

I just picked up my 07 Zetec sedan last Thursday....Titanium grey with ebony leather...love it so far-coming from a BA Falcon SR...not as much room but economy is fantastic 7.4ltrs per 100 so far,(it's an auto)...specced it up a little with scuff plates and alloy pedals and alloy handbrake cover..floor mats, extra air bag option etc.. tint is done now and paint protection and leather treatment..the good thing is the CFO likes it too and is comfortable driving it....It handles really well and while you do notice the lack of the extra 2 litres, it does respond when you boot it along...On the highway it is smooth even with the 17 in alloys..they do get dirty quickly..I would have liked mud spats and a chrome exhaust extension but hey :
nickaussie
mine was in stock so only took a couple days to deliver
BA_SR_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 09:59 AM   #18
BA_SR_Owner
Starter Motor

Here is a pic of mine...have to change my signature now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new car 003 (Small).jpg (75.7 KB, 75 views)
BA_SR_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #19
FocusZetec07
Starter Motor

Nice looking Focus Sedan BA....

I think the sedan looks a lot better in the new model, particularly the Zetec.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #20
mhenstri
Starter Motor

I Just got a call today that they are expecting my Black Zetec today and will be ready for pickup by end of the week. Getting excited now, but would have been happier to have it sooner as my old lancer shat it's distributor last week :(

Only options i got were ones thrown in after we settled on the price, otherwise i wouldnt have worried about half of them. Im getting the ipod cable, floor and dash mats, alloy pedals, scuff plates and a couple other i cant remember off top of my head.
mhenstri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post