Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-05-2005, 05:19 PM   #1
XRchic
Hello

Default Can you get Ford baby car seats?

Hi

My cousin has just had a baby boy and she is a Ford nut. She wants to get a Ford car seat for bubs and is not sure if they even exist. Does anyone on here know if there is such a thing as Ford baby seat? FPV, FPR or Ford Racing will do. We have had a look online and cant seem to find anything although we were sure there was one somewhere. Perhaps they dont make them anymore.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 05:26 PM   #2
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

I think I saw one in a AU Falcon as it was driving past on a lunch break but I cant be absolutly certain, it also could have been a generic one with a sticker on it I guess, I only saw it for like 1 second and was really looking at the car.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 05:32 PM   #3
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I had a quick look around on Google and couldn't find anything. Although you could always buy a blue one and have the logo embroidered in white on it.

Just an idea.
Old 29-05-2005, 05:36 PM   #4
XRchic
Hello

Thanks guys! For some reason we reckon we have seen a Ford Racing one at some point.... Not sure though.

Old 29-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #5
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

I haven't seen one yet.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There used to be "Ford" branded seats, they were rebadged safe'n'sound seats availiable from Ford spare parts dept, give your local dealer a call they might still be availiable. There is a seat availiable from Autobarn etc that is red & black & made to look like a race seat, can't remember the brand though.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 08:01 PM   #7
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

For a second I thought this thread was going to be about that yourself and Cobra are expecting. :P

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #8
Dez
Banned

i've seen HSV style bucket baby seats...but holden/HSV have always been ahead of us in the merchandise department....we're catching up these days...

I'll speak to my mum and see if she remembers any ford 1's being sold when she was working at baby target

they've closed down now, but if they were available, then they probably still will be
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #9
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
i've seen HSV style bucket baby seats...but holden/HSV have always been ahead of us in the merchandise department....we're catching up these days...

I'll speak to my mum and see if she remembers any ford 1's being sold when she was working at baby target

they've closed down now, but if they were available, then they probably still will be
Thanks Dez, that'd be great - I reckon I might have seen something in Target ages ago...

And you are right, Holden/HSV's marketing and merchandising machine has always been stronger than ours :(

Hahaha, no - to clear that up, Eamon and I are NOT expecting! Hehe.

Old 29-05-2005, 09:25 PM   #10
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Hahaha, no - to clear that up, Eamon and I are NOT expecting! Hehe.
Hehe, glad to hear Eamon isn't expecting, and I'm sure he's glad he isn't too. Could be a little uncomfortable for a guy to give birth through his... :hihi:

Sorry, couldn't resist, no offense intended.

Hope you find what you're looking for, and if you do, please tell us where we can find them and for how much.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #11
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRGirl
For a second I thought this thread was going to be about that yourself and Cobra are expecting. :P
LOL That was my first thought too!!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #12
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

As mentioned, they used to sell rebadged Safe n Sounds but just before we had our first child they discontinued them.... from memory at the time they still offered a booster seat though.
We instead bought a nice dark grey seat and removed the patch and replaced it with an FPR one.... looks shithot I must say.
Old 29-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #13
XRchic
Hello

No worries Troy, if we find something, we will let you know. And yes, I am sure Eamon is quite glad NEITHER of us are expecting! Hehe. And apologies to those who we mislead, Gerardine! Should have made it clearer... :hihi:

Thanks for the info Jase, I reckon that sounds like a top idea to DIY one! I will pass it on!

Old 29-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #14
Dez
Banned

alright, i've got my mum on the case for you :P

even though baby target is closed, she said she doesn't remember any actual ford 1's...just black and red...and blue and black 1's she thinks...sport style baby seats...

but she works at target head office, so she'll look into it tomorrow for ya and see if coles/myer sell any
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 10:39 PM   #15
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

THere was a Ford branded one back in the days of the AU, you could get pictures of it through the configure / price section of the website... I doubt you can still get them as it has been a fair while since they were around...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #16
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

As the others have said.. they were around briefly but have been discontinued.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 12:33 PM   #17
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

well tell them to bring them back. at least then casper will be happy. come on discovery you can do it.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 12:48 PM   #18
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

Ummmmm.... I will put in a request to the companies who supply us. Has worked before ;)
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 01:08 PM   #19
WASP
Whipple Induced

When I had my new BA XR8 with it's nice sports moulded seats in the back, it pi**ed me off to no end that I couldn't get an XR or FORD toddler seat for it. All the standard ones (from Target etc) available never sat correctly on the moulded seats and they looked pretty average as well. This spoilt the look of my interior as well as compromised the seating saftey for my children. Christ, I know it's a XR Falcon but it's also a 'sport's' family car isn't it? I know Holden have them for the SS as well which only made me feel worse about it all.

I want to get a GT next, but my two girls are still using booster seats. Ive been on the lookout for some that would fit the GT style interior, but it looks like nothing is still available. To be honest I feel silly spending $60k on a family performance sedan that can't even accommodate for my small children safely, let alone have something that actually fit's in nicely with the interior.

Last edited by WASP; 30-05-2005 at 01:14 PM.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 02:47 PM   #20
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

We are currently on the look out for a new booster seat for dayton, hes just about to receive his new support belt for the car which helps him to stay up right instead of slouching which can be dangerous in an accident. Hes also going to need it for longer than most children which makes it harder again because hes already over 20kg for a three year old (going four in august) and is tall for his age. So we have that dilemma and the fact that casper is very picky with what they sit their butts in. we looked at some on saturday but hes said no to them. aunger has good ones but they are way out of the price range for average families. it really annoys me when you say childrens safety things ( whatever they may be) and theprice automatically goes sky high because as loving parents you want the best and to make sure they are safe. Like cdaa we had that problem in our old car it was slightly raised in the middle of the back seat which made the convertible seats unstable. i dont think manufacturers take alot of this into account. so yes please discovery could you ask them to bring them back i hate having a boy who is so much into cars (like dad) sitting on a teddy bear seat. its just not right.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #21
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check out a few of the seats that don't have anything on them and see if the cover comes off without too much hassle and either have it embroidered or maybe a Ford embroidered patch. With the embroidery you can have it kinda personalised too or unique as they say.

Last edited by deesun; 30-05-2005 at 03:37 PM.
deesun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 04:50 PM   #22
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

This is a really nice Safe n' Sound seat we bought 2 years ago. I removed the patch on the headrest and got a friends mum to sew on an FPR one. The dark grey colour matches the interior of the wagon as well. We'll be getting our son a new seat soon so our daughter can use this one so i'm hoping Ford has something to offer when that happens.
Otherwise it is really easy to make your own unique seat.
I was thinking of getting him a blue/grey seat and putting heaps of different V8 team badges on it.