Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-10-2007, 01:26 AM   #1
Al...

Default Speaker Wire Colours

Hi,
I was wondering what were the colours of the speaker wires coming off the HU.For a 2007 LS
I want to run RCA line converters for an amp.

Regards,

Al

Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
BlackLS
yum

I ran my speaker outs from the rear doors instead of the head unit.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
Al...

Good idea... thanks for the tip
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

On my LR I got the speaker wires before they entered the door in the pillar. Not sure about the newer models, but its a pain to get wires into the doors through the factory grommet.

I also used a Navone Line converter, which is the best available which lowers the noise floor considerably. If you need a line converter, you can pick one up at www.caraudioaustralia.com , they are very good value. You can buy it in either 4 channel or 2 channel depending on your needs.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 12:35 AM   #5
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
On my LR I got the speaker wires before they entered the door in the pillar. Not sure about the newer models, but its a pain to get wires into the doors through the factory grommet.

I also used a Navone Line converter, which is the best available which lowers the noise floor considerably. If you need a line converter, you can pick one up at www.caraudioaustralia.com , they are very good value. You can buy it in either 4 channel or 2 channel depending on your needs.
More good advice. I'm shonky and just have cable running between the door trim and rubber seal

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post