Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #31
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Was at my parents recently interstate and borrowed my fathers BF to go fishing by a dock. As it is a large dock and boats are moored there you can park right up to the docks edge which I did, and then sat on the esky to enjoy a spot of fishing. Couple of hours in some kids about 16 years old on bikes went by. Unbeknownst to me, one little twirp took out some plastic knife or something and keyed the fairlane on the passenger side. He didn't see me as I was on the right hand side of the car but his giggling alerted me to something odd. The little jerk positively pooped himself when he saw me stand up. So I grabbed the little ****er and he told me to let him go, he knew his rights. His mates stood in the distance watching and not brave enough to help their mate. I saw the damage, got mad and threw the little bastard into the river. Just as he was climbing out I had another look at the damage and then threw his bike in the river as far as I could throw. Kid started crying all sorts of obscenities and threatened to get his dad. His mate gets on the phone and sure enough, dad comes down, tells me I owe him $400.00 for the bike and I told him fine. That'll make it $1600.00 you owe me to respray the side. He then went feral with more F's than his son has probably received at school so I informed him of 'torting' him into the poor or in his case poorer house. Then he turns on his son. Really nice family this one. A threat to call the police finally calmed him down and he apologised (as a way to get out of paying for the damage). Luckily, it was more like a crayon and it just polished off. Now I feel like stink for losing the scumbags bike. Who knew how fast the tides move? Hopefully he will learn a lesson though.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #32
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
I'm really glad it's fairly hard to buy guns in this country.
ok sunshine, if thinking that makes you feel better....

Been down the keying route and it licks balls, I had some fool key my XD while it was parked at work and scratch a nice little, misspelt message in my bonnet...
It sucks knowing the fools got away with it aswell....
Thinking Karma will get them, pfft, only naive people would think that..

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #33
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Little pricks!, throwing them i the river sounds like a fun and stress releaving way to punish them!!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #34
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Copul8tr,
Sorry to hear.
They just dont give a , be it old or new its just fun and a game to them.

Dad caught a kid out the front of the house one day. His mates pi$$ed off.
The kids was , it wasnt me, it wasnt me it was my mates.
Dad said, I dont care I have you.
Grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and said, if I ever see any off you near the cars again I will break both your F'N arms off and hit you with the soggie ends....Got it..
Kid left crying and never came back...

We have also caught a guy on the house roof trying to steel X-mas decco's.
Well we didnt catch him.
He mannaged to get away by jumping off the house roof into the back yard and so on and so on.
We couldnt get into the backyard as the gate was locked and 8ft colourbond fences are hard to get over...
We called the cops just to tell them the story of what happened and what he had gone through to get away and that we DID NOT touch him as we know he will more than likley broken something and be hurting pretty bad.
Found out later he broke an ankle, an arm and 3 or 4 ribs.

Guess carma worked on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
I saw the damage, got mad and threw the little bastard into the river. Just as he was climbing out I had another look at the damage and then threw his bike in the river as far as I could throw.

Gold...

Love it...

AR$EHOLES THE LOT OF THEM...........

Kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #35
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG 290
SOmetimes I think I am being paranoid when I park the furtherest away from a shopping centre entrance that I can and park over 2 spaces. Then you read another story of someone keying a car.
One of these idiots is going to be seriously hurt one day. They'll get caught and the owner will be bigger than them. i know i would give a flogging to anyone I caught doing it to my car
I park as far away as possible too, but i refuse to take up to parks as i think it will just entice ppl to damage my car
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #36
05_ENFORCER

Oh well, $200 excess, 15 years of no claim bonus ruined, but only in need of three doors to be resprayed and a rear qtr panel.
Not bad considering.
It all looks bad at the time.
No hang on a second..................It freaking still is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05_ENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #37
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Claim through your insurance, give them the details of the offender the cops got and you pay nothing. Insurance company puts the pressure on the kid's parents for the cash. Have the kid charged with whatever possible criminally as well. Is there a possibility of attempted assault with a deadly weapon? If so, put it on the charge list. It'll do either of 2 things, scare the kid into pulling his head in, or be the beginning of their criminal history. Do nothing about discouraging them and it is more likely it'll happen again to someone else.

When people commit serious crimes like this or worse, no sympathy should be given.
Got a quote to fix the damage today. only $310 in parts, and the best part, no painting! Fortunatley there was no damage to the paint (mecury silver, a real pain to colour match) just a new window, seal and the black bit on the window's edge. My insurance excess is $300, so instead of risking second hand parts to be fitted under the insurance company's request, I am just going to pay myself. The reciept will go to the cops to follow up with the little 's loser's parents.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:44 AM   #38
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
Got a quote to fix the damage today. only $310 in parts, and the best part, no painting! Fortunatley there was no damage to the paint (mecury silver, a real pain to colour match) just a new window, seal and the black bit on the window's edge. My insurance excess is $300, so instead of risking second hand parts to be fitted under the insurance company's request, I am just going to pay myself. The reciept will go to the cops to follow up with the little 's loser's parents.
I would write a letter of demand to the parents along with a photo copy of the bill, and inform them that as the legal guardians of their son, they have a duty of care to ensure he does not cause undue financial burden on others due to criminal behaviour. As a result of their sons actions where he willfully damaged your vehicle which was a breach of the parents' duty of care; the repairs required to restore your property will cost this much, and therefore their son now owes this debt. As legal guardians, they are required to assume the debt due to his incapacity to pay and/or negotiate terms such as waiving his parents duty of care in the matter.
Then offer the mandatory period of 30 days for them to come up with the money so finish with; should remittance not be received by the (insert date + 30 days here), then further action to recover this amount may commence.
Now deliver it personally so they don't dispute the date.

Quote: