Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #61
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue
Yes and No. As legendary as they are, if the had made 1 milliom GTHO Phase III's and most had survived they would not be getting today astonomical prices. Instead probably prices more like more common collectables like E type Jags and Panteras.

One reason for the high prices is those guys who were 18 in the 70's and wanted a GTHO are now empty nesters who probbaly at least own their house if not a lot more, and can now afford to spend the sort of money being asked. They are also close to retirement and will have the time to play with these beasts.
Allot of the H3 owners i know are between 35-45.. sure they're wealthy and successful, but they also have a huge passion for their heritage as the Icon of Fords Motorsport involvement.

But.. IMO things have peaked, buyers are getting very picky, i don't think prices will drop per sey.. just level out.
You wouldn't buy a GT or HO at market rates as an investment that's for sure, you'd only pay market rates because you want one...
The lower end of the scale has run its race too, riding largely on the back of HO prices.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #62
cupic
Nikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue
Not alone is also dependant on supply or the abundance of the model in question. The price will only rise when there are more people in the market wanting to buy than their are people willing to sell at that price.

Supply dictates demand
Demand dictates supply

They are interwoven

Economics 101
Old 12-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #63
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
Demand dictates supply
Hence the attempt to increase supply with clones and plans for a current GTHO. Actually it can be argued this is a case of potentially perfectly inelastic supply - no matter what the demand there will always only be a fixed number of the original Phase III GTHO's. However, the fact is as demand increases
supply will some extent meet demand as some of those holding a GTHO will relinquish it to market at the price where the utility of the higher price exceeds the utility of owning the car.

http://www.amosweb.com/cgi-bin/awb_n...ctly+inelastic

Quote:
Perfectly inelastic means that quantity demanded or supplied is unaffected by any change in price. In other words, the quantity is essentially fixed. It does not matter how much price changes, quantity does not budge. Perfectly inelastic demand occurs when buyers have no choice in the consumption of a good. In an analogous way, perfectly inelastic supply occurs when sellers have no choice in the production of a good.
PS Yes; I am one of those despised economists amongst other things; though not strictly working in that field in the last few years.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #64
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

It depends where you live aswell, eg. NQ XF's sell for 3-5k, down here, well my mate couldnt sell a MINT XF ghia with a sunroof and barely 100,000k's for $800.

What shits me more is the people who use Evil-Bay as a price indicator.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 12-01-2008, 01:18 AM   #65
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-383
LOL@ you ...Yes they did but not off the showroom floor aye....drongo
You probably can't help being an ignorant ****, so I'll let it go this time. You made a broad statement, and all I did was point it out....where do you get off with the insults?

While we're at it...the Bathurst cars of the 70s weren't 'Showroom' cars any way.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 12-01-2008, 01:22 AM   #66
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi
You probably can't help being an ignorant ****, so I'll let it go this time. You made a broad statement, and all I did was point it out....where do you get off with the insults?
Almost 7 hours have passed so i think its time to move on guys. No good can come from this.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:26 AM   #67
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgEA
Almost 7 hours have passed so i think its time to move on guys.
I agree, and it was a knee-jerk reaction.....but this kind of bull is all fine accross the safety of the web. Ya get some of these guys in one place and it's all 'sunshine and light'.

To make a point is one thing, but it's that sort of BS that causes threads to be locked. I'm on here for a friendly discussion, and I have no intentions of eating that sort of s * * t.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 12-01-2008, 01:43 AM   #68
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi

While we're at it...the Bathurst cars of the 70s weren't 'Showroom' cars any way.
Go back and read what was said ...read it slowly and if you still dont get it i can do it again in crayon as that seems to be your level....

Last edited by Justin@; 12-01-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:46 AM   #69
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

PM time i think. Or the bad post feature is always there. Lets keep it tidy fellas. Time to get back on topic.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #70
iamdeath

whoa guys this thread hasnt gone the why i planned when i started it..anyways all it has really done is proved the amount of waankers on here are large..
Old 12-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #71
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeath
whoa guys this thread hasnt gone the why i planned when i started it..anyways all it has really done is proved the amount of waankers on here are large..

You also had you're own thread locked.
Closed Thread