Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Default Me 1, Police 0

I'm ready for some flack, but I think the scan says it all,
It’s only taken 11 month to get this done as the guy who I nominated kept on denying it was him.
This would have cost me $185.00 and suspension of license for a month

Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Crikey, thats hard to read!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Ummm

Lost me mate, you nominated another driver... whats the go?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
burnz
VFII SS UTE

gloating is un austrailian
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
I'm ready for some flack, but I think the scan says it all,
It’s only taken 11 month to get this done as the guy who I nominated kept on denying it was him.
This would have cost me $185.00 and suspension of license for a month
I've had to nominate another driver on a couple of occassions, thankfully without drama, and received withdrawal notices promptly. Sucks that you've had a problem sorting yours out but atleast you've got the withdrawal notice now.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they probably have a pic up of yourself with the words "FINE AT ALL COSTS" on the poilce notice board just so they can get sweet revenge lol they always find something
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
TRRTRY

i just wrote a letter asking for a reveiw of a 68 in a 60 zone - fine $138 and 1 point

Received a letter 2 weeks later saying that fine has been withdrawn and reissued as an official warning

true story!
TRRTRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Sorry I should have made my self clearer on the subject
I nominated another driver yes!, with all the details, his full name, address, license no#, contact details, The thing was that "Mark" kept on denning that he was the driver and did not know me, I had 2 stat deck's from my boss saying that he was a fellow worker and had been working with me for over 6 months.
BUT with in the 11 months I have had 3 other letters saying that I have not payed the fine and have now had "X" amount added to the cost, as well as having one saying that a warrant for seizure of property has been issued, and another $80.00 slapped on top of that fine, and again I had to go and send off another stat deck with all of the other guys details, 2 months ago I get an other letter saying that I have to go to court, and again I post off another stat deck, and the letter that is in the first post is the result of 5 stat deck, 1 day off work, and about 45 phone calls, so I'm happy that the system has finally worked.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
Old 07-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #9
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

So shouldn't it be You 1, 'Mark' 0,? The police will still get the fine paid either way
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #10
fmc351
let it burn

Not very careful who you lend the car to? If it was a work vehicle your boss should have been able to categorically state who was driving so I assume its your own.

You have to keep in mind these are the types of excuses everyone who wants to get out of a fine thinks of. If thats all it took to get out of it, the law would be unenforceable. You know he was driving but Police only have your word for it and that is insufficient for the above reasons. Police provide the means to nominate the other driver, but that has to be accepted by that third party or proven. Until then, the fine is attached to the vehicle and its registered owner/driver. Careful who lend the car to.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #11
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

sorry if i missed it but was this for speeding or what? sucks that the other guy wanted to make this hard for you, but it looks as though you'll get him in the end.

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #12
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If we all put so much effort into getting out of fines the Government would be so overburdened with paperwork they'd have to scrap the so called 'hidden tax'
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #13
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Not very careful who you lend the car to? If it was a work vehicle your boss should have been able to categorically state who was driving so I assume its your own.

You have to keep in mind these are the types of excuses everyone who wants to get out of a fine thinks of. If thats all it took to get out of it, the law would be unenforceable. You know he was driving but Police only have your word for it and that is insufficient for the above reasons. Police provide the means to nominate the other driver, but that has to be accepted by that third party or proven. Until then, the fine is attached to the vehicle and its registered owner/driver. Careful who lend the car to.
The reason he was denieing that it was him, was due to him having a suspended license at the time, and yes it was for doing 27 over the posted speed limit, the section of road was a 80 and had been dropped down to 60 (due to road works) so he was really only 7 km/h over the limit.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #14
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
The reason he was denieing that it was him, was due to him having a suspended license at the time,
Did you know his licence was suspended?

Quote:
....and yes it was for doing 27 over the posted speed limit, the section of road was a 80 and had been dropped down to 60 (due to road works) so he was really only 7 km/h over the limit.
I can do the math, but what?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #15
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the section of road was a 80 and had been dropped down to 60 (due to road works) so he was really only 7 km/h over the limit.
Last time I checked, 87 - 60 = 27 ;)
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #16
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon5574
i just wrote a letter asking for a reveiw of a 68 in a 60 zone - fine $138 and 1 point

Received a letter 2 weeks later saying that fine has been withdrawn and reissued as an official warning

true story!
Same here for me and my wife, if you have a good driving record they do cut you some slack if the offence is on the lower end of the scale.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #17
shane3
FPV GT 0915

how many times have you gone down the same stretch of road knowing what the speed limit is only to realize that the speed limit has been changed ? Then again I wasn't the driver, BUT I do know that the stretch of road is a 80 zone.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #18
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

I have (had) a faultless driving record and at the age of 32, drove a lot of miles too......I was pinged doing 62 in a school zone the week before Christmas by a mobile radar setup.

What really made me upset was that I adhere so heavily to the speed limit in school zones but A)this was the only school in our area that wasn't broken up for holidays (most round us are private and break up earlier) and B) the signage was average to say the least...no lights, worn out road marks.

So, I wrote an extremely apologetic letter asking if they would be willing to review this particular case and received the answer that no, it was considered a very serious offence (no arguement from me) and in their opinion, the signage was adequate.

Well, a slightly bitter pill to swallow but essentially, I had broken the law and was dealt 3 demerits and a pretty high fine. I should be ok with this and normally, I suppose that I would be BUT for driving down the same stretch of Pacific Highway in Waitara, Northern Sydney, less than 2 weeks later, HUGE new 40 zone signage and big flashing lights have been erected!!!!!

One might pose the question that if the authorities believed that the signage was indeed adequate, why would you spend a lot of money to make it even more "adequate"??

Suffice to say I am very upset but am not sure what I will do next....presumably, I have to take it to a dispute court case............

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 01:16 AM   #19
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
how many times have you gone down the same stretch of road knowing what the speed limit is only to realize that the speed limit has been changed ? Then again I wasn't the driver, BUT I do know that the stretch of road is a 80 zone.
They are usually signed, some with trailers with lit up limits and warnings. Witches hats, water barriers and machinery etc are another giveaway the limit is probably lower than normal, and 87 is still speeding so I wouldnt expect sympathy with regards to being unaware of the roadworks speed limit. I dont think Ive ever seen roadworks were the limit wasnt reduced.