Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
XR8320
"You were amazing"

Default Seattle Holiday

My son has been granted a trip to Seattle (Boeing factory) by the Make-A-Wish foundation.

We leave next Tuesday and are ther for 7 days. The foundation have organised a few things on top of the visit to Boeing but we do have a few free days.

Can anyone recommend places to vist things to see etc?

On the topic of the Make-A-Wish foundation these people are truelly fantastic and have put a smile from ear to ear on my son, from the volunteers to the fulltime staff they have gone out of the way to make this trip happen. If you ever get the chance to assist or donate please consider.

Cheers

Darren

XR8320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Congrats on the trip, and i hope your son gets better.

Seattle is one place that i'd really like to go to once i get the time/money together. Off the top of my head I can think that the space needle needs to be visited. Sure there are other places, but i not sure what is there.

All the best for the trip and the future.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Ringo
I see you....

Isn't there a famous fish market there ????
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Ringo
I see you....

Gees I just read that post and it sounds a little odd.

There is more too it that just a guy standing out the front of his Fisho shouting....

http://www.pikeplacefish.com/

There is a whole philosphy behind the way they operate (which again sounds weird)

...do some investigation, its very famous in Seattle and in some corporate training circles....
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

yeah the markets are awesome, the space needle is a must but its not cheap, its about 30 bucks a person, and also if you can afford it and want to get either a shuttle and or hire a car and head to the Seattle clothing outlets and spend as much as you can, as it is SO SO cheap, also if you wanted Vancouver Canada is only about a 2.5 hour drive and yes you can just drive over the border, its a awesome place. Also Microsoft is out there, if you ring and explain you "might" be allowed into the Microsoft ONLY museum. Its a beautiful place.....if you want anymore info just pm me...I lived in the US for 12 months....

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
XR8320
"You were amazing"

Thanks for the replies, we do have a dinner arranged by the MAW people at the Space Needle restaurant on Saturday night. Will take a look at the markets sounds good. MYVYSS I will drop you a pm as I'm sure the wife an daughter will be interested in the clothing outlets.

Thanks

Darren
XR8320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #7
Electric XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A special trip for special people ,good luck and enjoy.
Electric XY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #8
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been there mate not a big city compared to NYC and LA but still great.

Also done the boeing factory tour which is pretty cool. There is also another place you should see if your son is into aircraft. Can't remember the place but its on the way there/home. It has all sorts of aircraft you can go in and to be honest a lot more interesting.

Good luck with the trip
Lightning Strike XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
TadKa
Wait? What?

Definantly go to the Air and Space Museum. I think its called something like that. Awesome. You can even walk through JFK's Air Force One (Boing 707). Also the Underground tour is really good. It's very popular and well known. I've only been to Seattle for a day but it was awesome. Boing factory the highlight of course.
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post