Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Who do you hate the most on the road?
ROAD CHECKERS 97 20.95%
RIGHT LANE HUGGERS 281 60.69%
TAILGATERS 174 37.58%
TERRIFIED MERGERS 190 41.04%
DISTRACTED DRIVERS 100 21.60%
OTHER 37 7.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #121
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

Pricks On Bikes... :lookedat: :evil3: :togo: : :
TERMINATOR X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #122
Joey_Falcon
Powered By Ford

I hate cyclists, I had a car accident a few years ago trying to avoid these idiots who think "we are road users too, we have equal rights" well its not gay perrie or Amsterdam get a car or get off the road!
Joey_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #123
Joey_Falcon
Powered By Ford

I had a laugh when I read this:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=560007
Old 09-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #124
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip_Chaser
Yep, F#@% em. If they PAID SOMTHING i may respect them but at present NO NO and NO.

Actually here's something you may find funny and you might even do it yourself.
Fill your car windscreen washer bottle up with bleach and point the squirters to the side. When ya c one of those fukers hit the button! lolololol
PS, Only if they wear goggles or your pretty sure you wont get em in the eyes...that would just be plain nasty.... _
TERMINATOR X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #125
Joey_Falcon
Powered By Ford

Old 09-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #126
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR X
Yep, F#@% em. If they PAID SOMTHING i may respect them but at present NO NO and NO.

Actually here's something you may find funny and you might even do it yourself.
Fill your car windscreen washer bottle up with bleach and point the squirters to the side. When ya c one of those fukers hit the button! lolololol
PS, Only if they wear goggles or your pretty sure you wont get em in the eyes...that would just be plain nasty.... _
Yes, of course.. knowing the road this happened on, it's completely understandable that cyclists would knowlingly collide with a diligently parked car. Let's break more bones.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #127
mikestp
EF Ghia

i hate police more
mikestp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #128
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lot of vitriol directed to cyclists here. Not terribly surprised. Look, I am no lycra junkie (believe me no onw wants to see that... part of the reason I do ride, to drop some of the beer belly!). Anyway, none of this pack cycling for me, but I do do about 50-100km a week just riding instead of driving. No running red lights (even when clear, I just take the op for a drink and rest), the road rules DO allow you to filter to the front at red lights (stupid rule, even from a cyclist) but I NEVER do this, I just wait my turn in line. When I ride a bike I act like a car. I don't take up a parking space when I get where I am going either. Unless I am getting heaps of stuff, or a 30 pack of coke, I will ride to the shops cause stupid soccer mums or there kids just car door my cars in the parking lot anyway. Sometimes it is an accident but no one has EVER left their details. Put me down as hating that A LOT.

I try to be a good cyclist, and adhere to a self imposed 20 second rule. Ie if I am going to delay a car by more that 20 secs, I will try and do something to let them past. I do take a whole lane on multi lane roads. Sorry, but soccer mums in 4wd's and 2.5 metres of lane space for us both just doesn't work. I don't filter through traffic so if someone is behind me that is their fault. There are other lanes, if they are full of cars they are in your way too, not just me. I don't see why I alone should be the target.

I have a major reason to hate cyclists, one went through a red in the city and took out the side of my wifes car. A $5k repair on my insurance record and unable to provide details of person at fault. But that was ONE cyclist. 99% of the drama's I encounter on the roads are by other motorists.

There are plenty of pack cyclists in our area too, they slow me down in the car, but usually never more than about 30 secs. While their arrogance is annoying it doesn't really affect me in any meaningful way.

No rego, no contribution. Check my sig. My 3 cars do a total of 18,000 k's a year. I pay 3 times the contribution of most others to drive the average distance of one car. My choice, but almost all cyclists have a car sitting at home while they are riding, subsidising others running costs. When I ride to the shops, or to visit friends and family (often a few times a week) I am not taking parking spots, not using finite petrol resources, subsidising full time motorists running costs, and I ride in a way that really means that hardly ever delay any car more that a few seconds. For that I have been abused, punched, spat on, etc etc - only and purely because I am on a puch bike. I have been charged for speeding on my bike. 66 in a 50. I would never have done that in a car but I was worried a car was coming up behind (there wasn't).

Yes there are many idiot cyclists, just like there are many, many idiots in cars - a lot of posts in this thread confirms. I would like to think that I am not one of the bad cyclists but to most people in car there is simply no difference, I do sincerely try. Lumping us all in the same basket, and worse acting on that prejudice without any real reason, is the same as saying that all drivers are guilty of all the things complained about in this thread and should be treated like crap accordingly.

The road is there to share, if someone is being a goose on the roads (including cyclists), being a bigger goose back is not the solution.