Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #31
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
ive been looking at buying one as well but i dont reckon they would be reliable in the long run most euro cars are crap when they get few kms on em there not made for aussie conditions....youd have to sell it when it runs out of warranty parts will be dear for them as well...ive seen alot of 2nd hand ones for sale latly as well they are starting to get cheap as below shows...

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...el=FOCUS&D=xr5

my question is why are they selling them????

I Like how people are quick to criticize Euro Ford Build quality in the long term, yet they will defend crap build quality of the Ford AUS built bogan mobile. i have a 2002 ford focus with 125thousand on the clock it drives just like it did when it was brand new. Parts Are no more expensive than Falcon ones. The only difference is that you dont need to buy many parts because the car doesnt break down as much, or parts break as much.

Reason For people selling as already stated is a change in their lifestyle. For Instance why are you looking at buying another car for? possibly because you need a more fuel efficient car or you no longer need such a large car for what ever reason. As everyone knows all cars depreciate over time.

Considering that out of how many XR5T's Sold since they where released and there are only a FEW on the market to purchase, id consider that quite a good sign that people are retaining the car because its economical, fun to drive, easy and relatively cheap service cost, and its maintainable and also because it suits their lifestyle.

As the saying goes, Dont judge a book by its cover.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #32
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
I Like how people are quick to criticize Euro Ford Build quality in the long term, yet they will defend crap build quality of the Ford AUS built bogan mobile. i have a 2002 ford focus with 125thousand on the clock it drives just like it did when it was brand new. Parts Are no more expensive than Falcon ones. The only difference is that you dont need to buy many parts because the car doesnt break down as much, or parts break as much.

Reason For people selling as already stated is a change in their lifestyle. For Instance why are you looking at buying another car for? possibly because you need a more fuel efficient car or you no longer need such a large car for what ever reason. As everyone knows all cars depreciate over time.

Considering that out of how many XR5T's Sold since they where released and there are only a FEW on the market to purchase, id consider that quite a good sign that people are retaining the car because its economical, fun to drive, easy and relatively cheap service cost, and its maintainable and also because it suits their lifestyle.

As the saying goes, Dont judge a book by its cover.
Agreed

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #33
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
ive been looking at buying one as well but i dont reckon they would be reliable in the long run most euro cars are crap when they get few kms on em there not made for aussie conditions....youd have to sell it when it runs out of warranty parts will be dear for them as well..
What kind of crap is that? Might be slightly more expensive than a locally made car, but unreliable? What bumhole did you pul that from? The non-turbo models fare very well worldwide and the Turbo is based on the T5 engine which has been pretty bulletproof for years.

Just blasting a car because it's European is an easy cop out and usually just excuses from someone who's never actually owned one and realised they're no different. My Focus Zetec ran 100,000km before I sold it with no major issues and is still going strong. I think the worst it had was a blown cat converter replaced under warranty. Never cost me more than service costs which themselves were virtually the same as a Falcon would have been.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #34
zetec
Zoom Zoom

PS How funny is Ray's car at the top of that list!!!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #35
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Yeah, i loled.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post