Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
Mrian
Starter Motor

Default Zetec R front spoiler

Can anyone help me - Ford have sent the wrong parts to my panel beater - for standard Zetec (LR). They are now telling him they are the only parts available for this model - mesh lower grille & black rubber strip for lower spoiler section - not what my car came with. The also send driving light and headlight assembly from LS - not inspiring stuff!!

Mrian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Did you have a bodykit on the car?

The black strip on the lower front lip was standard on the car (thus the bodykit question)

The mesh lower grill was from the ST170 (and usually desirable). Standard was a black bar across the lower intake ( I have one I can sell you if you're desperate, as well as the lower driving/foglights))

Have you got a photo of your car before the accident?

ps AAAH! Just noticed your heading....a Zetec R. Yes it did come with the bodykit, and the very rare rear spoiler. Not sure Ford has anymore of the bodykits left, and they were exclusive to Ford Australia. Zetec (Matt) may be able to tell us if any remain in the Ford System
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
Mrian
Starter Motor

Thanks melbzetec - I was trying to keep it original. Im nor sure how to post a picture of the car and everytime I try to upload it in my profile it doesnt work!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
Mrian
Starter Motor

Here is a picture of the car before being hit by wallabie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg focus c.jpg (132.8 KB, 60 views)
Old 05-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
melbzetec

OK,

The driving lights and lower grill were the same as the standard Focus items, so Ford should be able to supply them (as I said, I have them if you get desperate)

The lower front bodykit is the Ford Australia item. I recently had the rear bodykit replaced from Ford, so there is a chance Ford still has the part. If they don't understand Zetec R, then get them to enquire about the factory LR Focus bodykit....it was the only one Ford offered.

If Zetec sees this he may be able to check.

If you get desperate, I'll crawl under mine and see if I can find a part number.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Mrian, you're paint is in immaculate condition!!!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

back in march there where only 3 front spoilers left. i had planned on getting one. but i ended up not getting it.

im afraid your only other option is to tell them to contact SSV for a fake Fiberglass one.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
photn
AFF Post NAZI

it was the only OFFICIAL ford one. some dealers did a Talon kit. not sure if thats in the system.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Mrian, you're paint is in immaculate condition!!!
Watch out Eddie, there may be a challenger for best looking red Focus in Australia!!!!:hihi:

Old 06-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #10
Mrian
Starter Motor

Thanks for the compliment Fast Eddie - not looking quite as good at the moment with the damage to the front. The lower grill supplied by Ford is plastic mesh in a diamond pattern - same as upper grille - what model was that from?
Will chase up Ford about the front spoiler.
Thanks for your advice guys!!
Melbzetec - how much do you want for the lower grill? I have a new front bumper and only driving light was damaged and am waiting for the new one to arrive.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #11
Spazzsfocus
RS Dreamer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
back in march there where only 3 front spoilers left. i had planned on getting one. but i ended up not getting it.

im afraid your only other option is to tell them to contact SSV for a fake Fiberglass one.
Here's the link to save you some time: http://ssv.com.au/product.php?1354

I think it looks pretty much the same as the factory one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrian
Here is a picture of the car before being hit by wallabie
Good luck with it all though Mrian, its such a shame when your car is damaged in circumstances that are not necessarily in your control (and bad luck for that wallaby!)..

Spazzsfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrian
Thanks for the compliment Fast Eddie - not looking quite as good at the moment with the damage to the front. The lower grill supplied by Ford is plastic mesh in a diamond pattern - same as upper grille - what model was that from?
Will chase up Ford about the front spoiler.
Thanks for your advice guys!!
Melbzetec - how much do you want for the lower grill? I have a new front bumper and only driving light was damaged and am waiting for the new one to arrive.
Mrian keep that front grille, it's actually off the top model ST170. It's a part most Zetec owners fit themselves, looks great!!!

As for the front spoiler, it might be tough as I think Ford has run out of them which is a bit silly, but there's always the SSV option.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #13
melbzetec

Mrian, as Matt says, they've given you the ST170 grill. Is also slightly different colour to the Zetec top grill (grey rather than black)

If you want the original though, I'm happy to take $40 for it, and given you're in Melbourne, we can probably arrange to drop it off rather than post it.

Give me a PM

Old 12-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #14
Mrian
Starter Motor

Thanks to everyone that has helped me with my bent car questions - I am only waiting on a spoiler from SSV to finish it off now. Will post a completed photo when its done.
Melbzetec I will take the original grill for $40 and make some arrangements with my brother about getting it and paying you. I will keep for the future incase I ever sell the car. Thank you!
Old 12-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #15
melbzetec

Woops! My bad. You're in Tassie! I should learn to read.

I'll PM you my mobile